kallend

Question for Windows geeks concerning Adobe Acrobat

For years I've used Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro to make PDF files. Worked just fine on my Win XP system.

Refuses to work on Win7. Tried it on 2 different Win7 systems with same result. Says it can't install the PDF printer.

Any insights? I don't want to have to pay another arm and leg to Adobe.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

For years I've used Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro to make PDF files. Worked just fine on my Win XP system.

Refuses to work on Win7. Tried it on 2 different Win7 systems with same result. Says it can't install the PDF printer.

Any insights? I don't want to have to pay another arm and leg to Adobe.

If you're trying to print to PDF, you could always use PDFCreator http://download.cnet.com/PDFCreator/3000-2064_4-10558866.html

Just make sure to unselect the crapware that comes with it.

I've had pretty good success with it and if I didn't have Adobe, would probably still be using it.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

are they 64 bit Win 7 machines? If you are trying to use the same executable you may need to download a 64 bit version of Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro

ah just googled my own question... apparently you'll need Adobe Acrobat 9 for Win 7 64 bit

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/542200

Acrobat 8 works just fine on Win 7-64bit, have used it for years. Even works on Windows 8.

Someone up thread made a great point, however, and that is do you need Acrobat? There are a number of other PDF creation and printing options out there that are much cheaper.

I use Acrobat only because it is standard at work, but there are much cheaper solutions out there that are just fine.

Acrobat 8 works just fine on Win 7-64bit, have used it for years. Even works on Windows 8.

Someone up thread made a great point, however, and that is do you need Acrobat? There are a number of other PDF creation and printing options out there that are much cheaper.

I use Acrobat only because it is standard at work, but there are much cheaper solutions out there that are just fine.

No, I don't NEED it, just irritated that I can't use what I already paid for, and it's an arm and a leg to upgrade it from Adobe. I'll go with the freeware.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No, I don't NEED it, just irritated that I can't use what I already paid for, and it's an arm and a leg to upgrade it from Adobe. I'll go with the freeware.

To be fair, Acrobat 7 was released Jan. 2005, well before the move to the x86-64 by Microsoft.