sinjin

potential DZ classified sale scam

i got this email selling something here on DZ.com,, user just signed up 9 days ago, seems really fishy.. can someone help me with paypal scams. i am very hesitant on this one.

Hello,

Thanks for your mail...My Name Is J#$% D@#$% then am from Florida but i base in London I'm happy to hear this from you today and i want you too help me send the ITEM to my wife in Virginia for he's birthday present and i will pay you 500 USD to you with the shipment cost so if you like PayPal for the payment you can send your PayPal Account ,so that i can pay for the item too your account....please don't sell the item to anybody again....Thanks you

This is the shipping address
dont let life pass you by

I'm no expert, but first off, the grammar and spelling are a tip-off. Until they smarten up (and start paying literate ghost-writers), it's something that rings alarms.

A common thread seems to be "I'm at X location, but send payment (or item) to Y" or some such variation.

I would also bring this to the attention of the PTB here, so they can be aware.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Been there. The guy says PayPal now, but once you agree on terms he'll tell you that his PayPal account isn't working and could he please send you a certified check ....

On another note regarding the spelling and grammar - On these boards I wouldn't neccesarily discount a response because they can't spell. We have a lot of folks from outside of the U.S. as members.