DougH

Orlando next week, Dec 3rd to the 9th (2012). Meet for beers or suggestions?

I am in Florida next week for some work training.

I have a night or two that I am not free because I need to do some networking meals, but otherwise I am on my own after working hours until my flight back on Sunday afternoon.

I posted another thread about maybe heading the Sebastian for that Saturday. I think the locals are laying low hoping I might go the Zhills instead. :ph34r:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4408013;page=unread#unread

I am going to be at the Hard-Rock for most of the week. I think that is in the Citywalk tourist trap area.

Any suggestions for some restaurants or bars to hit up? Even better, would any one like to meet up for a few beers or dinner.

I am just as boring in person as I am online, but not nearly as much of an asshole. ;) I promise to take my meds! :P First rounds are on me.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I don't think I can make it to Orlando this week, there's too much going on. I don't think we'll be a dz this weekend either, we're taking the grandkids camping.

As for what to do in Orlando, I'm not much help with that either. :ph34r: I don't go there much, but I will make the suggestion to go to the tunnel, you'll be real close.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

There goes my chance to meet ya! B| This weather will be great for camping though!

I went to that tunnel while I was here on business and had only one AFF jump under my belt. At the time it was awesome.

The DVD I brought back of my 30 minute session prompted the scariest jump in my AFF progression (it would have been level 2 in normal circumstances). Something about being practically being signed off AFF, and only needing one instructor. :D

Don't know if I have the purse capacity for a trip this time, with xmas around the corner. We also have a nicer recirculating tunnel only an hour drive from me into NH.

=P

Doug check out Pointe Orlando there are some good restaurant/bars there. Taverna Opa and Cuba Libre are great places. BB Kings has live music most nights.

They also have a Tommy Hilfiger restaurant (~$18 hamburger) and a pretty good Mexican restaurant upstairs by BB Kings. BB's is pretty good.

Right down the street from that (Between PO and Universal) is the Ice Bar which is kind of unique.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

if you like irish beer, go to the lucky leprachaun, best pour of guinness youll ever have outside of dublin :)

Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Lol yeah the scenery is better thre but im tellin ya you wont get a better beer than at the lucky. :)

Besides its literally JUST down the road from the tilted.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Thanks for the suggestions folks!

Company is buying dinner so we are splurging a little.

Went to Emerils in City Walk on Monday. Appetizers were great but my steak was lack luster, especially when considering the price.

Went to Seasons 52 in Dr. Phillips last night. Excellent, I am amazed it is a chain restaurant by Darden (think Red Lobsta). Food is pretty healthy (less than 500 calories) but amazing. Really recommended that place, wish there was one by me in CT.

Going to the Palm tonight. Going to get beef drunk, I got scotch drunk last night.B|

=P

Went to Seasons 52 in Dr. Phillips last night. Excellent, I am amazed it is a chain restaurant by Darden (think Red Lobsta). Food is pretty healthy (less than 500 calories) but amazing. Really recommended that place, wish there was one by me in CT.

You may not have long to wait. Season's or rather Darden is one of our customers. They are building new Season 52's in Kansas City, Sacramento, Houston, Santa Monica, Edison NJ, Norwood Ohio and Birmingham Al. right now probably 10 or 12 more next year.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!