SkyChimp

Toyota recalls another 1 million vehicles again.

Wow are they trying to go out of business to other manufactures? It seems like every 6 months to a year, Toyota is recalling vehicles. That can't help sales.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/money/Toyota-recalls-1-million-cars-in-U-S/-/475848/18334552/-/ni2656/-/index.html

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Have I completely misunderstood what recall means or are people just woefully stupid?

A nut on the Lexus windshield wiper arm may not have been tightened enough in the factory. If a driver tries to use the wipers while they're weighed down by heavy snow, the nut could loosen so much that the wipers won't sweep their full arc, even after the snow has been removed. There have been 25 reports of the problem, but no injuries have been reported as a result, Toyota spokesman Brian Lyons said.

How the fuck do you get yourself injured because the windshield wiper doesn't sweep a full arc? And if it is just a nut, why can't you take it to a mechanic to have it tightened, or better yet, do it yourself.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

>It seems like every 6 months to a year, Toyota is recalling vehicles. That can't help sales.

It can't help, but it must not be hurting them that much:

=============
Toyota ousts GM to reclaim global sales crown
Kim Hjelmgaard, USA TODAY
7:11p.m. EST January 28, 2013

LONDON -- Toyota has officially reclaimed its position as the world's No. 1 carmaker by sales.

On Monday, Toyota said that it sold a record 9.75 million vehicles last year. General Motors sold 9.3 million vehicles over the same period. The No. 3 player, Germany's fast-growing Volkswagen, sold 9.1 million vehicles.
=====================

Wow are they trying to go out of business to other manufactures? It seems like every 6 months to a year, Toyota is recalling vehicles. That can't help sales.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/money/Toyota-recalls-1-million-cars-in-U-S/-/475848/18334552/-/ni2656/-/index.html

You know how false perceptions color so many people belief.. about all kinds of things.

"no injuries have been reported"

This is typical, sue toyota for a Million Dollars because the wiper whacked me in the face, due to factory defect. I can understand why they recall, simply put, it's a messed up system out there, and it is costing them more on law suits.

Time I sue for riser slaps.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

How the fuck do you get yourself injured because the windshield wiper doesn't sweep a full arc? And if it is just a nut, why can't you take it to a mechanic to have it tightened, or better yet, do it yourself.

If it's rain/snow and it doesn't make its full sweep, it wouldn't be surprising that it could limit your view.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

If it's rain/snow and it doesn't make its full sweep, it wouldn't be surprising that it could limit your view.

Plus, if Toyota does it for you, it's within the scope of either express or implied warranty. Not so if you do it yourself.