JoeyH

Help!

My first skydive was when I was 6. It was at skydive city in z-hills Florida. It must have been around 2002 or so. Does anybody know who the videographer could have been? I cannot find the video anywhere and was wondering if he may still have it?
Carpe Diem, even if it kills me

Nah we had o.k. from the DZO AND everybody has told me Bill Booth was on that load. :D:S

Now I'm not saying its true, and I'm not saying it is false, I'm just saying what I have even told. So don't crucify me with your bullshit flags :)

That's awesome. There have been quite a few youngsters who got to jump. All of the Mullins boys had at least a couple hundred jumps by the time they were 10! IIRC Charlie, the oldest, was already over 2000 jumps when he turned 18. Their dad is a DZO and owner of the fastest climbing jump plane in the country, as well as one of USPA's national directors. :ph34r:

As for the youngest I've ever seen make a tandem jump, with a modified harness, was Beezy Shaw's 4 year old daughter, with him. Of course, all that was years ago and Beezy's no longer with us due to cancer. [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yep. I wasn't lucky enough to get that many jumps in. Only 7 and now I'm 17 and back to jumping. But as far as I know (and I have heard of the Mullins) I am currently the 3rd youngest to start in the us.. I believe the 4 year old was a girl named missy (sp)? Kelly keeny (sp) had a thousand or so by the age of 18 as well. He jumped at skydive Greensberg in Indiana when I was a little. It is really cool to jump at a young age, especially if you practically lived on dz's as a young kid :D infact I believe Kelly was the first person to let me pack for him. Haha

Edited to add: well it might not have been Greensberg. I think it was but we were at 3 or so dz's in Indiana and I was young so it may have been another one.

As for the youngest I've ever seen make a tandem jump, with a modified harness, was Beezy Shaw's 4 year old daughter, with him.

I remember seeing pics of a guy who built a sack-like harness for his infant daughter years ago. I think she was like maybe 1 y.o. :o He said she loved it.

As for the youngest I've ever seen make a tandem jump, with a modified harness, was Beezy Shaw's 4 year old daughter, with him.

I remember seeing pics of a guy who built a sack-like harness for his infant daughter years ago. I think she was like maybe 1 y.o. :o He said she loved it.

I would have to say that was pretty stupid. A toddler that small/young can't handle even a fairly brisk opening due to the size and weight of the head in proportion to the rest of the body. Sure, maybe his canopy was one of those that snivel a thousand feet every time, but why take the chance? :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

A toddler that small/young can't handle even a fairly brisk opening due to the size and weight of the head in proportion to the rest of the body. Sure, maybe his canopy was one of those that snivel a thousand feet every time, but why take the chance? :S

Good point. I knew it looked sketchy but I didn't come up with the "why?". :)