husam

Where to find this

Dear all,
Please help me find where to buy the accuracy scoring system for the accuracy landing scoring competition.
If you know any website or a phone number (other than Paragear) please list it here

I do need it so much :S

Ready - Set - Go

Or you could contact Bill Wenger at the U.S. Air Force Acadamy at Colorado Springs, Colorado. They have several of the units, which they use and provide for U.S. National competition. He'll know where to find the manufacturer.

I looked into this once for my own use, and was deterred by the price. You can forego the large public display unit to cut the cost, and use a small LCD display instead.

The guy who runs the sport accuracy competitions was working on an inexpensive version a few years ago, but I haven't heard any more from that.

And the footpad units are finicky. You need a flat, firm backing under it. Sometimes they misbehave when they get hot from laying out in the sun. At Nationals, you see cold towels laying over them when they're not in use. Spares need to be handy.

I ended up just getting an old footpad, so that I'd have the real thing to practice with, but with no electronics attached. So I don't really get a precise reading of my foot placement.

I ended up just getting an old footpad, so that I'd have the real thing to practice with, but with no electronics attached

How about a spray painted piece of plywood or a frisbee or something like that instead? That's super cheap, especially if you don't have/need the electronics.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

How about a spray painted piece of plywood or a frisbee or something like that instead? That's super cheap, especially if you don't have/need the electronics.

Yes, those kind of improvisations can work too. Some things can blow away in strong wind, while something like a frisbee can be mistaken for a lost toy and removed from the pea pit. And you have to make sure there aren't any sharp edges to get hurt on.

For everyday use at Skydive Houston, I have a black rubber mouse pad, with a yellow dot painted on it. For serious accuracy practice, I bring out my official landing pad.

Oh, and for the readers here, a point of accuracy etiquette: if you land on the accuracy pad and bury it under the pea gravel, take the time to lay it back on top again before walking away.

Jeff Steinkamp is a name I was trying to remember in my earlier post, as an inventer of the accuracy pad scorig system.

Reference: http://koyn.com/CloudDancer/articles/2002/saWFFC02.html