husky

Male sex drive?

Chris, I'm glad I'm not your wife. I started out agreeing with you and your observations concerning the subject however your reluctance to agree that compromise is important in an intimate relationship (at least when concerning sex) has swayed me. Seems to me you think sex is a chore already. Pity.

Ladies, know that there ARE men out there that very much want to do whatever it takes to make you satisfied in every way, especially concerning sex.

No offense, but I'm glad you are not my wife too.
I love my own wife very much even if she wants sex more than I do. ;)

Contrary to what you say, I do not think sex is a chore.
Thats because I have not allowed it to become one by letting myself be emotionally blackmailed into providing sex like a stud service whenever I'm called upon to perform.

Sex is wonderful and it will always be so.

I do agee that realtionships require compromise, however I do not agree that sex is one of the areas where people should compromise.
__

My mighty steed

I highly doubt that he has self esteem issues. He's not a very complex guy, he just takes every moment as it's handed to him, not much makes him angry, he's extremely secure in himself and doesn't really care what anyone thinks of him. I've always had a lot of admiration for him because of that.

I'll bring it up to him just in case though. He's one damn fine looking man, though, and he knows that I think so;)

Its not a responsibility or a duty.

Legally speaking, you're wrong.

It's one of the duties set forth in the marriage contract, and sexual desertion is still grounds for divorce, even in some states that have no-fault.

rl

The expression "The law is an ass" comes to mind. :)
I've seen threads where people post lots of the most absurd laws imaginable. This one should beadded to the list.
__

My mighty steed

I've seen threads where people post lots of the most absurd laws imaginable. This one should beadded to the list.

I agree. Lack of sex alone, at least in my case, would not make me want to get divorced.

The lack of sex negatively impacting my self esteem which causes and increase in arguements about other things unrelated to sex and eventually making it a miserable marriage, THAT would make me question the marriage.

I love my husband and my marriage enough to do whatever I can to avoid this.

It's one of the duties set forth in the marriage contract, and sexual desertion is still grounds for divorce, even in some states that have no-fault.

rl

The expression "The law is an ass" comes to mind. :)

Uh...

I don't even know where to begin. You're talking about a sort of law that goes back a long, long time, and has lasted in some form or another for years on end.

Just so you know, your issue is one that has been addressed many times. In the good old days, Dear Abby answered it as follows: "Are you better off with him or without him?" Lately, what she has to say is that a married person is entitled to sex within the marriage, and that someone who doesn't want any needs to have a complete physical.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

rl

There is also "for better or for worse," no???

Having sex JUST to please the partner seriously says that there is nothing more to that relationship. I was married for 10 years and did provide my ex with sex, even when I did not want it - I felt like a dirty cheap whore afterwards! Was it right for me to suffer???? :S

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

If the rest of the relationship is great like you say, ignore all the BS from guys about going the million extra miles they sometimes think are their due and doing the whole sexy clothes-suduction thing. Get yourself a bunch of sex toys for you. Be responsible for your own sexual needs as long as your husband is fullfilling your needs for intimacy and companionship.

You say, what's that sound coming out of the hole in the wood?

If the rest of the relationship is great like you say, ignore all the BS from guys about going the million extra miles they sometimes think are their due and doing the whole sexy clothes-suduction thing. Get yourself a bunch of sex toys for you. Be responsible for your own sexual needs as long as your husband is fullfilling your needs for intimacy and companionship.

I already have the sex toy thing taken care of, definitely not shy about meeting my own needs ;)

rl

There is also "for better or for worse," no???

I'm talking about grounds for divorce, and you're talking about the wedding vows. Granny Smith vs. Satsumas

Having sex JUST to please the partner seriously says that there is nothing more to that relationship.

You think that's what it says? To me it says "I love you so much I want you to feel good, even if I'd rather lock myself in the closet right now with a pound of chocolate, a flashlight and a book."

I was married for 10 years and did provide my ex with sex, even when I did not want it - I felt like a dirty cheap whore afterwards! Was it right for me to suffer???? :S

If you did not intend to be a wife to him in all meanings of the word, why were you married?

If the relationship was abusive, it's a different story. Been there, done that. But as I said, if I find I'm done with sex in the relationship, it's a clear indication to me that the relationship is over.

Why did you stay? Why would you stay with someone if being with them makes you feel like a "dirty cheap whore"?
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

No offense, but I'm glad you are not my wife too.

No offense taken. Actually, YIPPPEEE! :D

Sex is wonderful and it will always be so.

I prefer spectacular sex. :)

I do agee that realtionships require compromise, however I do not agree that sex is one of the areas where people should compromise.

Yes we know that already but thanks for reiterating your position or lack there of. :D

Oh God I kill me :D
www.FourWheelerHB.com

You're a girl. No erection required.

uhhh , sex can be in all forms , if you cant get and erection but want to please your woman.... have her sit on your face .....

jeesh

think outside of the box

:|

wow cant believe I just typed that but Im still hitting reply.... shame on me >:(
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

You think that's what it says? To me it says "I love you so much I want you to feel good, even if I'd rather lock myself in the closet right now with a pound of chocolate, a flashlight and a book."

There is more to pleasing a spouse or SO than just sex, and it goes both ways... if either partner is feeling pressured into it, it is a mechanical act and not a true act of love.

If you did not intend to be a wife to him in all meanings of the word, why were you married?

That's exactly the way I felt... like it was a duty as a wife to provide my husband with these needs, and I was hell bent on being another statistic - so I held on to the relationship as long as I could (including years of counseling). I asked for the divorce.

Since I have learned... it is not a duty, nor is it responsibility - it is love and respect for each other.

Trust me, I like sex just as much as the next person... but pressuring someone into having sex because it's a legal obligation/or a duty, is nothing but a violation on that persons being/soul.

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

You're a girl. No erection required.

What??? You mean a cool brisk wind isn't gonna get you up??? ;) :D

Especially with loose fitting shorts. ;)

(and for the rest of you...no, I don't feel the least bit sorry for your mind's eye :P)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

uhhh , sex can be in all forms , if you cant get and erection but want to please your woman.... have her sit on your face .....

think outside of the box

Don't you mean INSIDE the box? :P

No I'm sure she meant outside....oh man if I have to explain this..... LOL :D

I don't think I have ever laughed so much at these forums.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

No I'm sure she meant outside....oh man if I have to explain this..... LOL :D

I don't think I have ever laughed so much at these forums.

We're all comedians on here at one time or another... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Uh...

I don't even know where to begin. You're talking about a sort of law that goes back a long, long time, and has lasted in some form or another for years on end.

Oh. Well if its a law and its been around a while that makes it right
I guess?

What do you think about laws that dictate the circumstances under which a man can beat his wife?
Those have been around for just as long and some are still on the books today in some states.

Do you think they are right? They are laws after all...

I thought we were having a serious discussion :S

You cant honestly believe that the existance of an archaic law like that
means that its our solemn duty to provide sex to our SO whenever they feel like it whether we feel like it or not.

__

My mighty steed

There is more to pleasing a spouse or SO than just sex, and it goes both ways... if either partner is feeling pressured into it, it is a mechanical act and not a true act of love.

So sex is a special category apart from all other marital obligations?

I totally disagree.

You get married with an eye to fulfilling all the obligations or don't bother. It's the same with any other obligation we take on in life--if you can't fulfill the contract, then you've broken the contract.

It makes no difference what the deal is. The deal's the the deal.

That's exactly the way I felt... like it was a duty as a wife to provide my husband with these needs, and I was hell bent on being another statistic - so I held on to the relationship as long as I could (including years of counseling). I asked for the divorce.

It doesn't sound like he was fulfilling his obligations. I don't know too many women who won't go on loving their husbands if they don't turn into assholes.

Since I have learned... it is not a duty, nor is it responsibility - it is love and respect for each other.

It is a duty and responsibility that arises out of love and respect for each other.

Trust me, I like sex just as much as the next person... but pressuring someone into having sex because it's a legal obligation/or a duty, is nothing but a violation on that persons being/soul.

As I said above.

rl

Uh...

Oh. Well if its a law and its been around a while that makes it right
I guess?

What do you think about laws that dictate the circumstances under which a man can beat his wife?
Those have been around for just as long and some are still on the books today in some states.

Do you think they are right? They are laws after all...

I thought we were having a serious discussion :S

You cant honestly believe that the existance of an archaic law like that
means that its our solemn duty to provide sex to our SO whenever they feel like it whether we feel like it or not.

First of all, we're not comparing stupid laws, we're talking about the laws that underpin the institution of marriage as we know it. And no, the laws allowing a husband to beat his wife haven't been around anywhere near as long, by a magnitude of order.

In the context of the discussion we're having, however, it's not about providing sex whether we feel like it or not. It's about withholding sex and thereby making a loved one miserable.

Big difference.

For me, it really comes down to: I don't want to be married to (or even in a relationship with) someone who doesn't want to have sex with me.

Your wife deals with it. Husky is trying to figure out some way to deal with it. Me, I wouldn't deal with it.

rl