namgrunt

altimiter help please

I am a 59 year old new kid on the block. I have to use bi focles to read my watch,and altimiter. which altimiter has the largest size numbers, as possibly can go without them. it shure messes up my landings as the bi focles portion of the lens really blures the ground for flare height.

thinking elect, digital alty.

which has largest numbers?
thanks
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

The Altimaster Neptune has large numbers, however you might find an analog altimeter will help since you really don't have to read it accurately, you use the needle to give you an idea of where you are.

It would help to have an audible as well, since under canopy you'll have more time to beable to focus on your visual then you will in freefall.

You might beable to get a custom analog alti with colors to help you out, like a bright orange needle with a contrasting background so it's easier to read at a glance. I can't remember the company, but they advertise in parachutist, they do custom faces on their altis, they may be able to help you out there.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

. I can't remember the company, but they advertise in parachutist, they do custom faces on their altis, they may be able to help you out there.

Call Lara at Alti-2 They'll make about any custom face you can come up w/

Try Freefall Accessories. They have an awesome customer service and do custom faces. Alti might a well but I kow for sure the service you will get from David at Freefall Accessories is outstanding...

www.freefallaccessories.com/Homepage.htm

Scott C.

PS I dont work for them at all, Just love my altimeter from them, even though it has no numbers at all ;)
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I am a 59 year old new kid on the block. I have to use bi focles to read my watch,and altimiter. which altimiter has the largest size numbers, as possibly can go without them. it shure messes up my landings as the bi focles portion of the lens really blures the ground for flare height.

thinking elect, digital alty.

which has largest numbers?
thanks

I have the same problem that you have. The Neptune is the best solution I have found for an altimeter. I also have one of those analog altimeters that goes to 13k feet (backup). The numbers on it are big, but there is no mfg name on it.

I am still experimenting as to what is best for me, but it appears contacts work better than glasses. I use a little stronger than distance contacts along with a full face helmet on most jumps. My optomitrist accomodates me on the oddball prescription. That allows me to see skydiving distances well and while I cannot read a book, the altimeter is easily read and I have no problem with my flare. For camera jumps I use a pair of skydiving glasses with bifocals and they screw me at times on landing.

Getting old provides new and interesting challenges!!

Ed