oldwomanc6

Boy, Do I Feel Decadent

:)

We, in the D.C. area, have been enjoying a cool spell. It's been cool and dry all week, until today.

This morning when I got up, mrowc6 and I sat on the front porch and watched the rain make the fish in the pond think they were being fed early!. Then we sat in the hot tub to enjoy our tea. :)
We came home and did another hot tub run, while listening to the rain pound on the leaves, and watched the kittens run around and be generally entertaining.

We just came in from the third soaking, and now are going to make pizza from scratch (OK, I made the dough yesterday from my sourdough starter). It's still raining, but still in the 60's.

For an August day in Maryland, it doesn't get much better than this.

:)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

That sounds like a fabulous day. My August day in FL consisted of it only taking 5 minutes for sweat to start rolling down my nose as I was sweeping the porch. :|

That sourdough starter sounds awesome. Is it hard to get it to work?

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It was pretty nice here in Alabama all last week. Never got higher than 80 or so. October weather in the middle of August? I'll take it anytime!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

skymama

That sounds like a fabulous day. My August day in FL consisted of it only taking 5 minutes for sweat to start rolling down my nose as I was sweeping the porch. :|

That sourdough starter sounds awesome. Is it hard to get it to work?

I meant to answer this earlier, but was distracted.

It's super easy. The key is keep it clean.

Start with 2 c. water, 2 c. flour, 1 pkt. yeast.

Put this in a clean 8 c (min). container, stir, cover with a clean towel. Leave it on the counter (where the kitties won't bother it :P) for 4 days-ish. take out 2 c., replace with 1 c. flour and 1 c. water. Leave it on the counter for a few hours. Put it in the fridge in a more tightly covered container (it doesn't have to be as big, but airtight is good).

Every week or two, pull out 2 c. and replace it with 1/2 flour/water mix. Leave it on the counter for a few hours and put back in the icebox. Use what you pull out to bake with or discard. You can use it more often, if you want, but every time you use/replace it, leave it on the counter for a few hours before putting it back in the fridge.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Thanks! B|

Years and years ago I made sourdough bread with a starter, but I've never actually made it from scratch. I always got the starter from someone else. We used to pass along an Amish bread starter too.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hot tubbing in the rain... love it! It just sucks having to leave for things like refreshing drinks, etc. Ever hot tub during the winter? That is really fun, too. Exits are even suckier, though...
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

oldwomanc6

Hot tubbing when it's snowing is the best! Watching it swirl around as you get the occasional snow spray on your face. :)

I think, maybe this year, a towel/robe warmer is what I want for Christmas. :)

throw in some nice red wine, or a glass of single malt scotch, and the S/O, and you have described the perfect winter evening B|:)
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?