Jumpmunki

what kind of batteries does the timeout range of audibles take?

Hi i have been using radio shack6 volt lithium photo batteries model #2CR-1/N CATALOG #IS 23266. This battery is a replacement for Duracell px28l and the eveready l544 cost at the shack is $9.39and are usually in stock in all stores. You may find them at photo stores also.
Thanks David

As far as I am aware there are a couple of models of Timeout around.
Older models used the wee stubby barrel shaped cells, 28L I think, I'm not sure about Evolution models, and the newer skinny Timeouts use 1.5v button cells.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Actually the best and most longlasting battery for the older timeout is the PX28S Silver battery from Kodak. They had these at SkyKat gear shop in Raeford, NC. You also may be able to get these directly from Kodak. Because the availability of these are so scarce most folks just use the PX28L lithium battery which you can find almost anywhere. When mine ran out a Perris last year I found a replacement at the Moreno Valley Wal-Mart. The posts about the Radio Shack replacement is right also. I've used this one in my Timeout and the Duracell and the Kodak cell. All worked just fine

Chris