hoym

Will this reserve fit into this container?

I've got a Flight Concepts Cricket reserve. Their web site says it has an approximate pack volume of 360.

I might buy a used Racer. The label says the reserve container size is 350.

I've heard that 'no one measures pack volume the same way under the same conditions so comparisons are vauge at best'.

Its going to be several days before I can get to our rigger's place to try this combination and put these two components together.

Are there any rigger types here with Racer experience who think that we'll be able to get this reserve into this container?

Thanks much.

Okay, I'm going to yell. LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE STICKY AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM!. Call Jump Shack and ask them. Then ask your rigger. Then be aware that just because they are supposed to fit they might not. The canopy might be the one 10% larger and the container might be the one 10% smaller. If Jump Shack says it the absolutely largest reserve that will fit, don't assume it will. Your rigger will be mad and it might actually not fit.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Damn,
My very first post in Gear and Rigging and I got yelled at.

Anyway, there is a great cross reference on the JumpShack web site with regard to pack volumes...

http://www.jumpshack.com/Read/Tech/canopy_volume_chart.htm

I guess that I can concur with councilman on his advice for contacting the manufacturer. John Sherman from JumpShack gave me a VERY prompt reply, first thing this morning from the questions that I had emailed to him last night.

Don't sulk, just learn.;) I usually compare advice gotten on the internet to used chewing gum found on the street.:S You don't know who it's from, where it's been, and if it's really want you want. Of course that doesn't keep me from offering advice.:P

But see, you got your answer, the best answer you could get, just by reading the title of the sticky.

Hey, I'm friendly guy. It's just I've been on the other end of students coming to me at the DZ, with print outs in hand from the internet, and saying "See, it says here I can!" or "don't have to" etc, etc.>:(
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE