BigMikeH77

Best/Worst Concert You've Been To

J-S

Best big name shows has to be either Tom Petty or Primus for me.

I'm more into the small intimate DIY punk shows with I always enjoy, skankin with friends :ph34r:

Bad shows are when the cops show up and shut it down because of fighting.

Bad shows are when people start fighting. :S

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

amstalder

We have you beat: Lady Gaga B|

Young Lady, you should have known better. :D:D

I know, I know. The minute I found out I was preggers, I should've returned the tickets.

The very thought is enough to make anyone (pg or not) lose their lunch. :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

I know, I know. The minute I found out I was preggers, I should've returned the tickets.

It was SO bad. She was actually "born this way" on stage. She popped out of a giant hairy vag. I wish I was kidding.

amstalder

It was SO bad. She was actually "born this way" on stage. She popped out of a giant hairy vag. I wish I was kidding.

That sounds positively horrid!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Most of the posts in this thread make me feel too young (at 31) to talk about concert experiences hah.

Worst by far was a Britney Spears show in the early 2000s. I was working as a stagehand, so I didn't have to pay for it. I mean, I don't hate all of her music but talk about a person with no stage presence or emotion. It was a spectacle of bad lip syncing.

If you're a band/singer I have 0 tolerance for people who don't get up there and sing, that's what I am paying for. If I want to listen to the songs I can do so at home.

The absolute most stunning visual performance I have ever seen was recently at a Pretty Lights show for his analoge future tour. We had balcony seats and mostly just chilled out and watched it though most of the people there were up and dancing. My uncle has been involved in stage production my whole life and moving head intelligent lighting has fascinated me from the first time I saw it as a little kid. They also had a ton of lasers, dunno it was just cool. The music was good too, a decent fusion of pre-recorded DJ stuff and live drums/horns/keys.

The performance that I feel the artist gave the most at was a Coldplay show at Alpine Valley (about 10 minutes from my home DZ, we fly over the concerts all the time in the plane, it's neat). I was 20-30 rows back and Chris Martin just gave everything he could to the show.

I have been to a couple of huge electronic music fests too which are really in a whole different world and I don't really consider them concerts for the most part cause people aren't playing music. Just a crazy experience.
Here are some pictures for fun!

EDC Chicago was cool because well, pyro and skydivers are cool: Demo jump I wish I could have been on!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

My best was Limp Bizkit this past summer at The Stone Pony. Probably my favorite venue, and ironically while playing at such a tiny place a decade after their prime, they said it was one of their best shows they ever played. They only played their older stuff and we got to hear one they NEVER played live before.

I guess if I had to pick a worst it would be a Dave Matthews Band show where all they played was their garbage like "You and Me" and "Satellite"

Fast

The performance that I feel the artist gave the most at was a Coldplay show at Alpine Valley (about 10 minutes from my home DZ, we fly over the concerts all the time in the plane, it's neat). I was 20-30 rows back and Chris Martin just gave everything he could to the show.

Any row at Alpine Valley is a great seat. Nice score on those. I don't remember how many there are but not many. Really nice when its pouring rain. I needed an umbrella just to get my beer back to our seats once though
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.