Elisha

Do you like black Licorice?

skyjumpenfool

***I take it you're no big fan of Ouzo.

Sorry for the drift, but, does anyone remember "Red Eye". Popular in the 70's it was a red licorice liquor.

Back to the Poll..... I'm very disappointed there is no Boobie option? This site is going to hell in a handbag. B|

My sincere apologies. I will make sure to add that option in future polls.

Ok...since I don't think I'll get much more female response here (so I'm not afraid anymore of "leading" the responses), I'll spill the beans.

My vague hypothesis/speculation/notion/whatever is that females tend to hate black licorice/anise...maybe due to genetics?

All 6 females in my office HATE it.

To corroborate Amazon's opinion, our Controller said (when discussion licorice flavored jelly beans), "They taste great because they taste like ouzo!"

Elisha

*********Black licorice ice cream is the best.

Hmmm...that could be interesting.

S A M B U U U U U C C A

How is it different from ouzo? I think I've tried sambucca, but not sure...it's been a while at least.

Pretty much the same.... but it is Anise.. not the real stuff from Greece.

After the Byron Boogie days I changed over from the cinnamon [RED]Aftershock[/RED] (for California boogies) or Goldschlager at other boogies on less shakey ground.

Mandatory to take a nice big long draw on the bottle, feel the burn.... and utter....... S A M B U U U U U C C A :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Elisha

Ok...since I don't think I'll get much more female response here (so I'm not afraid anymore of "leading" the responses), I'll spill the beans.

My vague hypothesis/speculation/notion/whatever is that females tend to hate black licorice/anise...maybe due to genetics?

To corroborate Amazon's opinion, our Controller said (when discussion licorice flavored jelly beans), "They taste great because they taste like ouzo!"

I have a reason to hate it, it reminds me of cough syrup from childhood.
'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave.'
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Amazon

************Black licorice ice cream is the best.

S A M B U U U U U C C A

How is it different from ouzo? I think I've tried sambucca, but not sure...it's been a while at least.

After the Byron Boogie days I changed over from the cinnamon [RED]Aftershock[/RED] (for California boogies) or Goldschlager at other boogies on less shakey ground.

Mandatory to take a nice big long draw on the bottle, feel the burn.... and utter....... S A M B U U U U U C C A :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Is Aftershock even available anymore? ITSM to me that it disappeared after the 90s.

Elisha

***************Black licorice ice cream is the best.

S A M B U U U U U C C A

It is up here.... as well as plenty of other places.... if the alcohol content does not get you the sugar level will. ;)

Is Aftershock even available anymore? ITSM to me that it disappeared after the 90s.

Amazon

It is up here.... as well as plenty of other places.... if the alcohol content does not get you the sugar level will. ;)

This is all I could find:
https://beamglobal.s3.amazonaws.com/sites/505757e5851916549a000002/theme/pdfs/pdfs/Brands_List_043014.pdf

So it is made (or the brand owned) by the Japanese company that bought Jim Bean. It's not even shown in the brand categories on the beamglobal.com site - only on the pdf. There used to be a wikipedia article, but it was deleted in 2012...as if it's some deep dark secret. Weird.

Elisha

https://beamglobal.s3.amazonaws.com/sites/505757e5851916549a000002/theme/pdfs/pdfs/Brands_List_043014.pdf

So it is made (or the brand owned) by the Japanese company that bought Jim Bean. It's not even shown in the brand categories on the beamglobal.com site - only on the pdf. There used to be a wikipedia article, but it was deleted in 2012...as if it's some deep dark secret. Weird.

Find the stores that specialize in all things alcohol....

like this http://ledgersliquors.com/?page_id=61

OR.....surf these although I am seeing a preponderance of places that GFD would have known about with lots of wine.

http://sf.cityvoter.com/best/liquor-store/food/bay-area/2012

Amazon

OR.....surf these although I am seeing a preponderance of places that GFD would have known about with lots of wine.

I applaud you for the research, but you're incorrectly assuming I actually care about finding After Shock. ;) I was more opining on not seeing it anymore.

Elisha

I applaud you for the research, but you're incorrectly assuming I actually care about finding After Shock. ;) I was more opining on not seeing it anymore.

Get a bottle and keep it around for a after party after "The BigOne"

Elisha

Well, you had 10 females vote here, and the votes were split 50/50 between like/dislike. So that kind of disproves your theory, doesn't it? Or maybe skydivers have different licorice taste preferences than office workers...

Crustie

***Ok...since I don't think I'll get much more female response here (so I'm not afraid anymore of "leading" the responses), I'll spill the beans.

Well, you had 10 females vote here, and the votes were split 50/50 between like/dislike. So that kind of disproves your theory, doesn't it? Or maybe skydivers have different licorice taste preferences than office workers...

Uh.....yes? :)

My father used to make deliveries to the Switzer licorice factory. They run sample batches for quality assurance that are usually thrown away. He brought home 2 5 gallon buckets of licorice. One black, one red. The red was gone in half the time of the black. Household of 3 boys and 3 girls. Good thing we had a union dental plan!