Amazon

And they are in there

Wow! If the car is so quiet that you can't even hear that it's still running when it's in the garage, then that's the problem. I've got over 300,000 miles on cars w/keyless ignition and never had a problem telling if the car is on or off, but then again, my cars are LOUD! :)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Huh. I never had that problem in the Z, but that car was loud as hell. If you live anywhere it gets cold, carbon monoxide detectors in the house are also a good idea. Apparently they're a good idea anyway. I mean really, just replace the 9 volt battery every couple years...

I am a bit surprised that the newer cars actually put out enough carbon monoxide to actually off someone. If they'd got a hybrid, it might actually have just stopped the engine after idling for a couple of minutes.

Personally I kind of liked the keyless ignition, but it wasn't an option on the WRX I traded the Z in on.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

JerryBaumchen

Hi Lisa,

my cars are LOUD!

The difference is these people were old. Their hearing was probably not what yours is.

Too bad,

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I'm on my 3rd car with keyless & would prefer to have a keyed ignition; but then I'm old also. Hmmmmmm :o

Actually my hearing is sucky, according to everybody. [:/] When they tell me that, I look at them like this: :) and say "what?".

Personally, I like never having to take a key out of pocket or purse. I like it so much that ten years ago I put keypads on the doors of the house, so I never have to touch a key.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

The 10% rule.
You have be 10% smarter than the equipment you work with.
I'm qualified to use most hammers.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?