leejumps

UK Skydivers In the USA Statistics

Hi Everyone, I am new to the boards however been skydiving over 15 years with approx 4000 jumps. My background at the moment is with the UK Life Insurance sector, in particular I was looking to the forum for help searching for some information. I work with underwriters promoting better understanding of adventure sports to improve insurance cover, specifically for UK skydivers travelling abroad, I was hoping to find some statistical figures for UK skydivers visiting a US Dropzone who may perhaps have been injured and indeed medically repatriated back the UK? The stats will be used to help collate information to improve travel cover for UK skydivers heading to the US. Any help or directions appreciated. Kind Regards Lee

Absolutley not, I am an intermediary/introducer who presents to the whoesale re assurance Insurance markets, and remain impartial to any provider. Currently data available with some insurers can be approximately 20 years out of date. If the sport wishes to advance and be looked at seriously as a mainstream sport then its a positive way forward. I have managed to obtain standard rates in one market I am looking to do the same with another. As mentioned any help appreciated.

This should be in the Safety & Training Forum. When you created this thread, the following was listed in the header at the top of the page:

Before you start a thread in the Incidents Forum or reply to post please consider the guidelines below:

The purpose of this forum is to report, discuss and learn from fatal and serious non-fatal incidents.

Most, if not all, new threads here should start with the report of an actual incident. General safety issues or small and potential incidents should be posted to the Safety and Training forum.

Incidents include: malfunctions, cutaways, wraps, collisions, crash landings etc. I trust everyone will use their good judgment before starting a thread or disposing of advice.

Arrive Safely

John

Doesn't the USPA collate such information; if the incident was serious enough to require repatriation, then surely it would have been reported?

Whether the USPA would release that kind of information though is another matter.
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Doesn't the USPA collate such information; if the incident was serious enough to require repatriation, then surely it would have been reported?

Whether the USPA would release that kind of information though is another matter.

Nothing on the USPA accident form requires any information about what sort of treatment was required.

Hi guys good thanks for the feedback, like yourselves I have most statistics available being fortunate enough to be a jumper too but from an actuary point of view it's very difficult to find these details and of course do all US drop zones as quite rightly pointed out collate this info answer is probably not? Another method I thought about was perhaps using 2 of the largest west coast DZs along with perhaps the largest most popular east coast venue for UK visitors and seeing if I can backwards engineer some figures from them if of course they would be good enough to provide any information? Any thoughts?

Hi guys good thanks for the feedback, like yourselves I have most statistics available being fortunate enough to be a jumper too but from an actuary point of view it's very difficult to find these details and of course do all US drop zones as quite rightly pointed out collate this info answer is probably not? Another method I thought about was perhaps using 2 of the largest west coast DZs along with perhaps the largest most popular east coast venue for UK visitors and seeing if I can backwards engineer some figures from them if of course they would be good enough to provide any information? Any thoughts?

From the last IPC safety rapport http://www.parachute.nl/255.html?&cHash=50df17566b9dcfd2a8b095008b86c833&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=604 it's clear that even some basic statistical data are only estimates and not the exact information. I guess it would be mission impossible to find the exact details on accidents. And any statistics without those inforamtion would be nothing more than a guess or very rough extrapolation.

leejumps,

I would imagine that most UK jumpers coming to the States would go to the big name dropzones which would mean that most injuries would occur there.

I doubt however that they would keep such records, but maybe they do and you might try emailing them.

Good luck with your endeavor.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime