jumper03

Tips for those small PITAs....

It seems like I've had to change a rash of cypres batteries lately and have the same problem everytime - the screws holding the battery cover in place on the cypres.

The bottom one goes in fine. The one at the top? The only thing I've found is perserverance and a good vocabulary.

Anyone have any tips for getting that little devil back in quickly and/or efficiently?

Thanks,
Jump
-----------------
Scars remind us that the past is real

I've noticed the same thing. Seems as though, whether you start with the top screw or the bottom screw... the second one is a %&*$@! I've found that getting the first screw started, then, go to the second screw and start it. You'll find that, by not fully tightening the first screw, there is some 'movement ' to the cover and the next screw is easier to get started. Hope, this helps.

Chuck

It's a lot like getting the freebag to go into the reserve tray cleanly. If you try to do all of one side first, it's going to give you troubles; however, if you alternate doing a little bit to each one, it works fine. :)
-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Assume we're looking down on the battery cover. Top left screw is the easy one. Bottom right is the tricky one.

Take a piece of seal thread or light weight super-tack and half-loop it around the offending screw. Route both running ends out the casing to the right (in the direction of the actual processor). Start the easy screw. Now pull on the seal thread in order to move the hard screw directly into the bottom right corner and with a little screwdriver pressure downward, it should start pretty easily. You can then simply pull lightly on one end of your little "cheater" to remove (I recommend the lightest weight super-tack, sometimes seal thread will break during removal due to the friction between the now attached cover and casing). Now tighten both screws.

Mike