extreme

Packing main and reserve

When packing main (I'm using PRO pack), I don't know at what should I pay the most attention?
I know that all pack jobs should be perfect but when there is no time and I have to pack quickly what are the steps that should never be packed quickly?

Does anybody know, is there some webpage with reserve packing method step by step?

I'm also interested if some of you have any DVD or VHS with reserve packing that really helped you so I can buy one?

Thks

Reserve packing instructions can be found on most reserve canopy manufactors website. Really you should be working with a rigger to learn how to pack reserves. Closing them is very different then a main.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I know that all pack jobs should be perfect

Hold that thought.

but when there is no time and I have to pack quickly what are the steps that should never be packed quickly?

All of them. See thought #1
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that all pack jobs should be perfect

Hold that thought.

but when there is no time and I have to pack quickly what are the steps that should never be packed quickly?

All of them. See thought #1

Start slow and speed will come with practice.

This is the best way to build speed. I would however like to add to that. I believe that the most important step in the packjob is making sure your brake lines are kept in the middle of the pack job.

*light bulb*

"evil line/suicide line"

it's the dreaded line that loves to move to the sides an wind its way in to material that I always remember to move to the middle so as to prevent line-overs....

is this a brake line?

and how come 1/2 of the people I've taught to pack were never taught about the evil line? is it really not that big of a deal?

BE THE BUDDHA!

and how come 1/2 of the people I've taught to pack were never taught about the evil line? is it really not that big of a deal?

How many people have you taught to pack in the one year you have been jumping? And yes packing and learning how to pack correctly is a big deal.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

and how come 1/2 of the people I've taught to pack were never taught about the evil line?

Well if you are the one that taught them to pack, and they were never taught about the evil line....i would say thats your fault.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!