LivingLegend

How do I get a container cleaned

Any rigger will do it for you.

Or if you feel brave enough there are detailed instructions hidden on here for you to be able to do it yourself. These are accessible through the search button at the top.

Key points I think are a bath cold water and mild agitation with something like woolite, lots of rinsing and drip dry. Obviously no canopies go near this. But go find riggers advice posted on here at the very least, don’t simply rely on my half assed memory. Best way though would be to take advice locally from “real” people if you’re tempted to try it.

You’d probably find it’s cheaper to just throw the work your riggers way though if you add up your time and effort along with the cost of the water wand woolite. Entirely up to you.

this from the RWS site.....rm

Washing Your Vector
Over the years we've seen some extremely dirty Vectors! We've found that many people are unsure how to get their container clean. For that reason, we have put together the following instructions on how to make your Vector smell and look good again.

The best way to wash a rig is the "good old fashion way" with slightly warm water and Woolite.
Use a big tub; let the rig stay in the soapy water 4 hrs.
Occasionally swish the rig around in the tub to loosen dirt.
Drain soapy water, fill tub with clean water, and swish rig around until the clear water becomes soapy and cloudy.
Drain tub and repeat until all soap and dirt residue are gone, usually in 3 rinses.
Let the rig naturally dry, without direct sunlight. We usually allow a small fan to blow air past it to speed up the drying process.
We do not recommend using a washing machine. Extended agitation in a washing machine could have negative effects in the long run. This also requires you to wrap the heavy hardware to minimize damage to the machine. © 2000-2003 The Uninsured Relative Workshop, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Great tip! All temperature Cheer (without bleach), works good also but, the Woolite retains the 'shiny' new look. Also, check with the owners manual for the harness-container for stain removal (blood, oil, grease, etc.) prior to washing. Just follow the instructions and don't deviate from them. ;)

Chuck

Something I was wondering - has anyone tried washing a rig which doesn't have stainless steel hardware? Would this be a bad idea, or would it not make too much of a difference? (and what is woolite, and where do I get it from???)

Durham University Freefall Club

Grounds For Divorce website (band I'm in)

Woolite (white plastic bottle, dark blue label), can be found in any grocery store, along with laundry detergents, bleaches and etc. Follow the instructions on the bottle. As for washing a rig with other than Stainless Steel hardware... no problem! I do it all the time.

Chuck