billvon

Goodbye silver car

BillyVance

Toyota : = The One You Ought To Avoid.

Dude, don't knock them. Mine's lasted much longer than any other vehicle I've ever had, and I drive the shit out of it.
B|
Over 360,000 miles on my '05 Toyota Highlander. Just oil, brakes, tires, a new starter, and a spark plug or two along the way. (It's had a cracked windshield for ~250,000 of those miles; I probably would have replaced it if I knew how much longer I'd be driving it.)

Divalent

Toyota : = The One You Ought To Avoid.

Dude, don't knock them. Mine's lasted much longer than any other vehicle I've ever had, and I drive the shit out of it.
B|
Over 360,000 miles on my '05 Toyota Highlander. Just oil, brakes, tires, a new starter, and a spark plug or two along the way. (It's had a cracked windshield for ~250,000 of those miles; I probably would have replaced it if I knew how much longer I'd be driving it.) Yeah mine has one running top to bottom on the right side of the windshield plus about 6 or 7 dings from pebbles kicked up by vehicles ahead of me. Still haven't replaced it. Not going to unless it spiderwebs across my view
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>Did you ever have to replace the batteries in your Prius?

Nope. I heard a lot of that when I bought it - "those batteries won't last!" - but no problems. (Did have to replace the little lead-acid battery used for starting twice, both my fault for leaving lights on.) There have been taxi drivers who have put 300K miles on the original traction batteries.