gazoo

Silkscreening Canopy

IMO it is impossible to do after the fact. Silkcreening is a poor method of choice as the ink has to be "Heat Set" for it to take.

NOT A GOOD IDEA. Any other options will just flake off.

As always: Contact the manufacturer for confirmation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I know couple who bought smerican flag style canopies and painted on the stars with some sort of rubbery paint. IIRC it had pretty good longevity, too. I'll write 'em and ask what it was and if they'd recomend it again (they're both riggers).

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

At Aerodyne we can put almost any design you want on to the bottom skin of your canopy (as long as you order it from us new, not existing canopies), however it will be applied as a sewn appliqué. There is no set price, but I’ve given estimates for a bunch of them, and I’d say anywhere from $250 for something simple, to like a grand for something really super extravagant, would be the ballpark. It does add a bit of pack volume to the canopy, again that depends on how complex and large the art is. One thing that I’d like to post here, just for general knowledge, remember the appliqué needs to be darker than the bottom skin, the nylon we use for the canopies is rather transparent so if you sewed white fabric onto the bottom of a black canopy it wouldn’t work, however if you sewed black on white, it would be fine.

I believe that we are not the only manufacturer who offers this service. I have no idea other companies prices, again that is a case by case sort of thing.

I wouldn’t recommend going the do it your self method, as mentioned in an earlier post, almost nothing sticks to PN4, it is really slick stuff, if you noticed on the older canopies, like your Icarus lable and some of the first of the new aerodyne stuff we put out, the labels with the names (Pilot, Vision, etc) are screen printed on F111 type fabric, the labels don’t hold up too well, so we have gone to dye sublimation (where the ink is inside the fabric). Even on the less slick F111 type fabric, screen print doesn’t hold up.

I know there are wicked advertisment rules in the forums, so I hope this doesn't cross the line, I am not trying to sell this service, just tryng to let people know what's up with tattooing their parachutes. So if the moderator sees this as advertisment, please delete the whole thing and I'll try to rewrite it, not mentioning any names or something.
"Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it"