Rigster

Canopy Differences

Hi Gang,

I've got a little over sixty jumps and I'm almost ready to buy my first rig. My first canopy choice is the Sabre2 170 but I'm eyeballing the Safire2 169. I've never jumped a Safire. Can someone whose jumped both respond with the differences between these two canopies. My impression of the Safire is that it's of higher performance and I wonder if it may be too advanced for my experience level.

Just the other day you made a post asking about which is better for you, a 190 or a 170 and everyone recommended the 190, if I might ask what changed your mind and made you decide the 170 is the right choice?

Go talk to Sonic, Punisher or any of the other guys at the Ranch that do canopy coaching. Get help ow before you make a canopy purchase. Also Sonic might be albe to help you get demos so you can decide for your self.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hey thanks for pointing me in that direction. While I'm certainly planning to stick with the 190 for now, I figured I explore other options before I buy it. I have several months before I commit to a particular canopy and I'm certainly gonna buy the one that feels the safest. Grouper was very helpful this past weekend with explaining the differences between the canopies and I'm sure I'll be able to speak with many others. For now, I'll keep playing with the 190 and talking to others about other options. Thanks for the advice.