rbagg

Question for Micron owner

Today a good friend of mine just got his new Micron (custom made) and it feels a bit bulky on the shoulders, which makes it somewhat uncomfortable.
[:/]
I tried it on myself, we are the same height and weight and quite similar body structure ( I'm getting bold he is not but I don't think it's relevant :P) and it was almost painful on the shoulders - like all the weight is suspended on one, or actually two spots.
I read all the reviews and there is nothing but praise on the Micron and all the guys in my DZ are happy with their Microns so:
Do you think there might been a measuring mistake?
Maybe the shoulders piece get soften over time?
or is it something we will get used to?
The reason I'm saying we is because I am about to order Micron myself but having second thoughts now...

Thanks
Royi

If, I were your friend, I would have him contact the manufacturer. I ordered a Vector - III for one of our jumpers a while back and he had the same problem. The end result after a couple phone calls and being told to jump it for awhile was, a new harness was built for it. This may or may not be the case here but, would have him make a call.

Chuck

When I got my new V304 I hated it, I was used to much bigger rigs, and also I never had a brand new rig. Now I love it! New rigs are a little stiff and take a few jumps to break in. Also your problem might be in the reserve pack job, if you put too much material up top it can get a little bulky.
I own two Micron 304'S and Im very satisfied. But it took getting used to having a rig that is made to fit me. I had to change all my habits, chest strap/leg strap tigtness. My older rigs harnesses were for a bigger person so I cranked them down tight, my new rigs fit so I keep it a lot looser now. If I was your friend I would put a few jumps on his rig and let it break in, then if there is stil a problem contact the manufacturer.

Another thing to consider is who measured him for his rig? They might have measured a little on the short side. IF the manufacturer got measurments they will build the rig that way. All manufacturers can make a rig that isn't tight on the user. If you want a vector for what they offer as a manufacturer, then buy a vector. Best suggestion, give them a call and tell them your second thoughts, Im sure they will explain better than me.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Yeah, I was nervous when I first got my Vector 3 about that. Because of the routing of the cutaway housings, it's much thicker at the shoulders than some other rigs, and the housings are at the bottom, against your shoulders. My Reflex is much flatter at the shoulders. The vector was pretty uncomfortable on the ground, but not noticeable in the air. After a few jumps it started to get broken in, and now, after maybe 70 or 80 jumps, it's much much more comfortable.

I'd get something different for my next rig though... if it packed itself! Other than that, I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with Vectors.

BTW, read the vector 3 reviews on this site along with the micron reviews. That issue is discussed in some of them.

Dave