Funkytown

New to Cross keys

Hola. I'm fairly fresh, soon to be B license. Just moved to the area so I will be mainly going to cross keys. I haven't been there yet but how is it? (Also saw online that they have a bunkhouse...Anyone know if that's available year-round? I live about an hour and a half away and would be nice to hang out for a few beers after without trekking home in the winter).

As far as myself goes, I'm from out west. Fairly crappy in freefall besides tracking, leaning more towards the canopy work side of things and plan to milk this Sabre1 for a solid 300 jumps :) Since coming here I've been to Above the Poconos and STL, both were OK but lacked the fun/welcoming environment that we had out west IMO. Hoping Xkeys will be good, but I'll be out there either next week or beginning of September so holler if I'll see you out there!

I just went there for the Shredfest boogie for the first time and loved it. Great DZ. Beautiful landing area. Great planes, lots of cool people.

I think one thing that you need to understand is that Northeastern folks are incredibly friendly once you get to know them but tend to be a bit standoffish at first. I suggest go a few weekends in a row and you will have a new DZ family in no time.B|

It has been my home DZ since I started several years ago, and I have yet to find a place I love as much as CK. We jump all year (although it definitely gets pretty chilly in the winter and thus quieter / less busy than in the summer), and I THINK the bunkhouse is therefore fair game all year as well (check with manifest). Either way, lots of people live in the area, so if you're ever unable to drive home, someone will often be there to help you out.

We're one big family that is always happy to grow, so definitely come out and meet people! If you're looking for especially good times to come, this coming weekend is the final NECPL canopy competition of the summer (weather permitting, but always really fun to watch), and then we have the Fiesta Boogie the weekend of the 26th! Hope to see you out there!