Zachanonymous

Introduction

Hi everybody, I'm new here at the forums, and would like to introduce myself, I am planning on trying to begin my licensing this coming year. I went for a tandem jump and wished I could have done it everyday since. I figure I'll most likely be creeping all over the forums, but figured I'd drop a line here

Some places will rent the rig by the jump, or by the whole day.

If you mean wingsuits when you say "Tracking Suit," the answer is 'sort of' but not for you yet. 200 jump minimum on those. For very good reasons.

Helmets are usually included with student jumps, you will pick one up fairly early if you progress (Benny or ProTec are reasonably priced, and do a good job).

The "beanie" is called a "Frap Hat", if you mean what I think you mean, and they've gone out of fashion for everything but tandem students (the padding is more for the instructor than you).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

You don't want to rent the jump suit any longer than you have to. The AFFI will probably make you rent the jump suit. Then you end up smelling like AFF student. A piquant mixture of fear, urine, sweat and avgas that is unmistakable as the garish colors the jumpsuits usually are (So the entire load is aware that you're a student.)
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

You don't want to rent the jump suit any longer than you have to. The AFFI will probably make you rent the jump suit. Then you end up smelling like AFF student. A piquant mixture of fear, urine, sweat and avgas that is unmistakable as the garish colors the jumpsuits usually are (So the entire load is aware that you're a student.)

My personal suit smells like that ;)

But I think the best advice is not worry about the price of rentals and such since while you're in the licensing process you'll be incorporating that into your cost of AFF jumps and coaching. You'll work out the rest later :)

Can you "rent" a jump suit? Not sure... I know the non-license holders tended to borrow student suits if they needed, alternatively, if you get into the sport and are pushing forward you can grab used ones at good discounts :)
You are not the contents of your wallet.

DrDom

My personal suit smells like that ;)

But I think the best advice is not worry about the price of rentals and such since while you're in the licensing process you'll be incorporating that into your cost of AFF jumps and coaching. You'll work out the rest later :)

Can you "rent" a jump suit? Not sure... I know the non-license holders tended to borrow student suits if they needed, alternatively, if you get into the sport and are pushing forward you can grab used ones at good discounts :)

Bwahaha! Nice!

I tried jumping in my street clothes right after I got out of AFF, but the coaches kept making me put the student jumpsuits back on (I fall like a bat out of hell) so I finally broke down and bought a brand X one off our gear store's equipment rack. It still gets a bit funky mind you, but at least I can occasionally wash it if I get too much dirt on it.

If you're studying to be a rigger and you bought your own sewing machine, you could probably make your own. I keep threatening to have the leatherworker in downtown Longmont make a leather one for me, but I'd only be able to wear it in the winter, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't do anything good for my fall rate.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?