C8H11NO2

Hello! New girl from San Diego

Hey guys!
My name is Rowan, I am 22, and I just started my AFF at Skydive San Diego. I just got stuck on Level 3 (what ARE my legs doing back there?!) but I did some tunnel time up at Skydive Perris and I think I've regained control of my limbs. :P I just need to learn to relaaaaax... If you have any advice, please send it my way. Thanks!
Stoked to have found dropzone.com :)

BigMikeH77

Hi and welcome! Good luck with your student progression - with practice, your arms and legs and head will all work together:)
Dopamine...

Thanks! I never jumped tandem prior to AFF, so I guess I'm still feeling the whole "sensory overload". Limbs all working together is the goal, haha. I can't wait to get on to level 4 and beyond!
And as for the username, I'm a biochem major (AKA huge nerd). Can't help it. :$

Hello and welcome forums! I will tell you exactly what I told ThreesAndSevens for AZ. Don't know if it helped him but this is what I said.

On relaxing. Never think of the negative on the plane ride up, it will make you very UNrelaxed in freefall... think about how awesome your skydive will be, a song that gets you going, something funny that happen or a joke you heard AND smile a lot!!! If you are not smiling, you are not skydiving! that statement is true BTW.

If your palms are flat while in free fall you are probably not relaxed. Also 60sec's in a long time, enough time to do whatever needs to be done. Just remember the A.I.R. rule Altitude aware, In control, Relaxed, if you are doing these things you shal be good!

P.S. Remember everyone is different and these methods might not work for you, so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Make things work for YOU!

bialicki

...AND smile a lot!!! If you are not smiling, you are not skydiving! that statement is true BTW.

Thanks for the advice! I noticed too that my first jump I was wearing this huge cheesy grin, and every jump since I've had this funny serious focused face. Gotta remember to smile. :)