Karen89

Hello :)

My names Karen. My first tandem skydive was in May of this year and my second tandem was in August. My first solo was yesterday. Two weekend before I took the IAD course, but we couldn't jump that day because the winds.

Last weekend I went to the drop zone, went up in the plane TWICE and chickened out. I felt horrible after I came home. I kept obsessing about when the door opened. I complained to my boyfriend cause he had done the AFF course years ago, but ran out of money and hasn't done it since. He told me to either jump or move on with life. I kept thinking about the door opening and I would get a lot of anxiety from it. So I decided to move on with my life.

The next day was my first day of work at a factory. While working I looked across the room and I caught someones eye who looked familiar to me. It was one of the skydivers that was in the plane with me the first time I went up that weekend! He came up to me and we talked. He told me that no ones ever died at that drop zone. He said once I let go of the plane I would be fine because my parachute would come out right away. He asked if I was going to try again. I told him I didn't know, but then later I was thinking, what a small world?!? This guy and I run into each other at a new job and were in the same plane!! To me that was a sign....

So I went yesterday. I kept myself in a zen mode all the way up and when the door opened I was a bit afraid. But I told myself just to let my body go through whatever it is going to go through and just do it this time because last time when I didn't I felt horrible. Best decision EVER!! I am going next weekend too!

Here's my video :) Also the guy who threw out my pilot chute and filmed it was the guy I work with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYRMA--P5g4&feature=youtu.be

Congrats on the jump!

And keep in mind that if you aren't afraid then there's something wrong with you or you don't understand what you are doing.

And you aren't the only one to ride the plane down.

This is the thread started by someone who did ;
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4383828;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

This is the thread she posted after jumping:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4386829;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Haha I actually butt slided. I didn't plan on butt sliding but by the time I decided maybe it's a good idea to put my feet down I was already in the grass. Got a little road burn on my one hand from the pavement, but it didn't hurt for more than 10 minutes. :)