Calvinchu49

Zen...Flow.... So this is what Life's like.

Hey all,

Very very very fresh here... To the sport as well... I have my first tandem jump on Friday, and AFF level 1 course on Saturday... I've always dreamt of flying, and now I am on my way to making that fantasy a reality.

I strive for being in the state of flow, as some may say zen. I hear this is where I can achieve it.

Any suggestions/pointers to an inexperienced skydiver? Thank you all, I'm grateful to become a part of this community.

I strive for being in the state of flow, as some may say zen. I hear this is where I can achieve it.

If it's in you ~ this is sometimes a good way to find it...it's different for different people.

As with most thing in Skydiving, if you want guarantee buy a toaster. ;)

Good luck have fun and welcome to the jungle! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Stay hydrated and fed. Don't eat a huge meal, but make sure you've eaten in the past couple hours.

Listen to the instructors.
Ask any questions you might have. Really. If you don't understand something, ASK!!! I highly doubt that you will come up with a question that hasn't been asked before, and while some demonstrate a lack of understanding or even naivete, if the instructor isn't willing to explain what's going on thoroughly, then you might want to find a better instructor (there are limits to this, but they are pretty extreme).

DO NOT under any circumstances say to the instructor "But they said on DZ.com..."

Have fun.

And stay out of the DB Cooper thread. ;)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Embrace the concept of safety.
Embrace it like your life depends on it.

Do everything you can to minimize risk.

Eat, drink and sleep skydiving safety.

Then do whatever you can to instill that sense of skydiving safety into others.

Get a copy of the Skydiver Information Manual (SIM).
Read it, drill it, know it.

www.http://uspa.org
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Welcome to the forums! :) Regardless, ask questions, don't jump if you're questioning the winds, play nice with others and obey the beer rules and I'm sure you'll be fine.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon