Namowal

Noob Cartoon: Chicken of the Sky

I apologize to you. I did not mean to offend you 'Chicken of the Sky', I guess I just assumed that you were a guy, since the majority of the people in this sport are guys. None of that matters though, you have a lot of talent, and I for one, would really like to see you profit from it, while letting the rest of us get a good chuckle out of your cartoon. I seriously hope that I did not offend you, and if I did, then I truly am sorry about that. I hope you make the decision to take your art further, and entertain the masses. :)

No worries. I wasn't offended. :)
It really isn't clear from the cartoon that I'm female. Thanks for your encouragement.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Love the 'toon! You do a great job of describing the emotions one goes through on a 1st jump. I 2nd the motion to submit your work to "Blue Skies" or "Parachutist" for publication. They'll probably want a short version of a cartoon, like the three or four panel versions in our newspapers. Good luck, and I hope to see more of your work!

Thanks. I'm flattered that so many of you suggested I try to get my stuff published. :$

Fantastic. You've captured so much of what really goes on in peoples heads. Such talent!!.

If you skydive as well as you "cartoon", you are going to be a superstar!!!.

As far as being a little nervous, at this stage, thats normal. Remember every skydiver on the planet has been in your shoes, we all started from scratch.

Good luck, and enjoy yourself.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

It's not unusual for students and novices to post a sort of diary of their learning progression, DZ experiences, personalities and customs, etc. Would be fun to see you do it in regular comic strip form (hint hint).

Thanks!
I'm working on the next installment.:)

I really like the bit about "flying and trespassing."

I vividly remember my very first jump (AFF from Cessna... no tandems for me). Just after exit, the one thing running through my mind wasn't fear (plenty of time for fear just BEFORE the exit). The one thing in my mind was a simple thought: "we do not belong up here... we are very small, and the earth is very large and very far, and we are aliens where we don't belong." Never heard anyone else put it quite that way before, though I'm sure it's a common feeling.

Good luck with your AFF!
www.WingsuitPhotos.com