jp1

Looking to get Certified

Did a tandem jump years ago and loved it. Really would like to get certified for solo jumps.

Any recommendations on where I can get certified in Georgia or Florida?

How long does it typically take to get certified?

Thanks!

I was just looking at places in FL yesterday and this looked really exciting to me: http://www.skydivespacecenter.com/ i'm brand new to skydiving, just did my first jump 2 weeks ago and have been daydreaming about it ever since. Am totally a junkie and want to get certified too - this place just looked really cool but I don't know much about it.

Skydivespacecenter has a great view of the coast and a fast plane but the last I heard it was a tandem factory and not really geared towards fun jumpers. What that means is once you go through your training, you might not have that many people to jump with. I haven't been there lately for awhile, so there's always the chance that things have changed.

Edit: in that area, Deland or Sebastian get my vote.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I will be coming from Southwest GA, so something no further south than Tampa or Orlando would probably be best.

Just for my certification, I do not mind a further drive though if I can find a good place where I can get all of the jumps done in 2 days (if that is even possible).

Skydive The Farm in Atlanta, Skydive DeLand in FL or even Skydive Palatka (a smaller, but friendly dz). There's also a dz in Quincy, FL but I don't know much about it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

There's also a dz in Quincy, FL but I don't know much about it.

Unfortunately, the locals tell me it's mostly a tandem DZ now.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I will be coming from Southwest GA, so something no further south than Tampa or Orlando would probably be best.

Just for my certification, I do not mind a further drive though if I can find a good place where I can get all of the jumps done in 2 days (if that is even possible).

Skydive the farm in rockmart ga
it is about 2 hours from macon. $1899 gets you your a license.

call the dzo, hans, and talk to him.
404 295 5000
http://www.skydivethefarm.com/
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."