iwanjames

Hello from 'not so sunny' North Wales! (UK)

Hi Everyone!

New onto the forum and thought i'd come and say a big hello to everyone!!

Always said I wanted to skydive sometime in my life and I completed a Tandem Skyive last week and am absolutely gagging to jump out of another perfectly good plane soon!

Got loads of questions and interested in peoples opinions on the best way of moving on from my virgin jump!

Bore da.

Where did you do the tandem (Tilstock?). Anyway , glad that you enjoyed it and good luck and have fun around here (but watch out for the yanks!! :P).

B.T.W Empuriabrava in the North of Spain is relatively close and is a great place to do your training in the sun.

All the best,
Tone

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Hi Iwan,

Hi!

I'm up in North Wales too! Got my AFF booked for the start of May at Langar and super-psyched!

Can't really help you out with much as I don't have a clue about anything myself, but thought I would say hi as you're just 'down the road'!

Chris

For some reason i decided to do the tandem at the Black Knights in Lancaster. Excellent place and extremely proffesional whilst making it a fun experience at the same time!
Have been thinking alot about the AFF since doing the tandem but my main problem being in the far West of N.Wales is a 2.5 hour drive to the nearest airbase so thanks for the tip about doing it abroad, i need to research some into that!

Pob Hwyl!
Iwan

You must be near Wrexham way if your doing your AFF in Langar. How far away is the airbase to travel for you Chris? Because that has been a main concern for me-big travel distances with the unreliable weather meaning not so many jump days!
I'm keen on doing the AFF and would book for this summer hopefully..are there long waiting times? Would love to hear how yours goes mate! Let me know, and all the best!!

Iwan

Nope, I'm over in Conwy. I'm looking at a 3.5 hour drive over to langar. Planning on spending the week there with my tent etc.

Guess Tilstock is a lot closer but they don't do AFF there. Hope to intro myself there after the course though and see what the crack is.

I booked last week and start on the 9th May so the wait is not too bad. Will be sure to keep you posted.

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

I'm from Neath but working in Houston and ironically have struggled to progress my AFF on the weekends over here this month.

The weather has been sunny and warm but the winds have been too high for student jumps. I've been catching the sun watching tandem after tandem after tandem!

If I don't jump AFF2 this weekend it'll be over 4 weeks since AFF1 o_O So frustrating.

I still hope to get my licence by the end of May and I'm looking forward to jumping over the Gower sometime over the summer as my first UK jumps.

If you get a good week weather window back home make the most of it!

Hwyl fawr :)

Hope the delay in your jumps doesn't affect your AFF too much Kiyami, I will be hoping to book mine in a short while.

Will try and do some research on the best weather period to get it sorted for. Either way; it will be down a bit of luck and dedication-can't wait though!

Perhaps if I learn some packing skills it will pass those long hours on DZ :)
All the Best!
Iwan

Thanks mate! I can't wait to get things started! :) booking wind tunnel courses for later on this month!

Such a shame you are not nearer Liverpool, we could have done aff together at cark. Also which tunnel are u using!!

Alp :)
Everyone dies.... not everyone lives!!