hodgesjn

AAD Battery counter

Question about the Cypres. I am pretty sure that the first number (Mine is 6280) is the voltage of the battery in the AAD, 6.28 Volts. What would a low indication read?? I was just wondering at what level the AAD would be unsafe to jump, even if before its 4 year check and battery replacement. Does anybody know what the lowest voltage that is safe to jump?

The manual is here: http://www.cypres-usa.com/english_users.pdf

See section 1.4 Energy Supply (page 7)
Should be between 6900 and 5700. It will show an error at the end of the self test like councilman24 said and not a 0...

edited to say: I suggest that you read the manual for each piece of your skydiving gear. Being familiar with each aspect of your gear and how it works makes you a better skydiver IMO...

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

The Cypres manual says that as long as it will do a full start up routine, you are good to skydive.
Battery voltage may range between 6.5 and 5.7 volts.

However, Master Rigger Scott Christensen - of Adventure Sports Loft in Perris, California - advised me that lithium batteries tend to fade pretty quickly when voltage gets below 6 volts. This more of a question for riggers deciding when to replace batteries as they near the end of their 2 year/500 jump lifetime.

Hey, Rob!

A question came-up at the last PIA-Symposium in regard to the "2-yrs. or 500 jumps" replacement for Cypres batteries. The question was; "Are we riggers, supposed to start asking to look at logbooks?" I guess, it's a faith thing? There are a lot of folks in this sport who get 500-jumps in less than 2-yrs. What are your thoughts.

Thanks,
Chuck