johnymeal

New Seattle Student

Hello!

My name is John. I went on my first jump on my 25th birthday. Now Im hooked. Went on 3 AFF jumps that day. Now Im stuck on AFF level4. I got a spinning issue, lol. But according to these forums, its not that uncommon. (Not looking for advice. My JM and I are working on it.. :P)

I commute down to Kapowsin Air Sports in Shelton for my jumps. The drive isnt that bad, but if anyone lives near and wants to car pool, send me a msg. Winter isnt the greatest time to start this hobby, but I just cant stay away. The plus side is, hopefully, I'll be fully licensed by summer.

Looking forward to being in such a great community. I haven't been able to convince my friends to join me, so hopefully I can make some new ones here. :P

-John O

Welcome to the forums and skydiving. The winter is a shitty time for the sport, especially when you first start out. If you have a tunnel near by, use it throughout the winter to dial in on your belly flying.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Welcome to the forums and skydiving. The winter is a shitty time for the sport, especially when you first start out. If you have a tunnel near by, use it throughout the winter to dial in on your belly flying.

Thanks! The nearest tunnel is pretty far away when you live in Seattle. Although, they are building one a short drive away. According to the site: 180 days.

...but I'll believe it when I see it...
:P

Hello!

My name is John. I went on my first jump on my 25th birthday. Now Im hooked. Went on 3 AFF jumps that day. Now Im stuck on AFF level4. I got a spinning issue, lol. But according to these forums, its not that uncommon. (Not looking for advice. My JM and I are working on it.. :P)

I commute down to Kapowsin Air Sports in Shelton for my jumps. The drive isnt that bad, but if anyone lives near and wants to car pool, send me a msg. Winter isnt the greatest time to start this hobby, but I just cant stay away. The plus side is, hopefully, I'll be fully licensed by summer.

Looking forward to being in such a great community. I haven't been able to convince my friends to join me, so hopefully I can make some new ones here. :P

-John O

Welcome to skydiving in the Pacific NorthWET

You may want to hop a 2 hour flight out of Sea Tac to Skyharbor... rent a car and take the one hour drive south to Eloy.

That can solve the training issues and currancy issues.

Eloy has a tunnel and a lot of VERY good coaches that could resolve the spins.

I dont think Jesse and Kari will hate on me too much for making that suggestion. Winter up here is VERY challenging to get full alti.

Good Luck

Hello!

-John O

Welcome to skydiving in the Pacific NorthWET

You may want to hop a 2 hour flight out of Sea Tac to Skyharbor... rent a car and take the one hour drive south to Eloy.

That can solve the training issues and currancy issues.

Eloy has a tunnel and a lot of VERY good coaches that could resolve the spins.

I dont think Jesse and Kari will hate on me too much for making that suggestion. Winter up here is VERY challenging to get full alti.

Good Luck

Thanks for the WARM welcome! I can certainly use it. :P

Seattle to Phoenix in 2 hours? I dunno. I used to live in AZ and I dont remember it being that short of a flight. Besides, wouldn't it be easier to fly to vegas? Or even Utah?

Why can't NASA focus on a teleportation device...

Welcome to the forums! :)

Thanks skymama!

Yeah, I squeezed in those 3 jumps in about 4 hours. It was a GREAT day. I did so well!
About 3 weeks later, I finally found a day to go again. Jumped my level 4, failed, jumped again, and failed again. :/ I was so frustrated. As I was driving home, I realized... "Holy crap.. I just went skydiving twice and I'm upset?!" lol.
I think I'm gonna take a trip down to Oceanside mid Jan and drive up to Perris for some tunnel action.

No, I haven't met the Mitchell's yet, but I sure hope to meet as many friendly people as possible. :P

-John O

Hi Johny! Welcome to the insanity!

Good luck with your progression! B|

I’m sort of new here as well. I just got my A in September. I’m a regular at Sky Snohomish. Yup I’m a Sno Ho! Haven’t been able to jump K Pow yet, but I met a couple of Bro’s at water training who jump K Pow. They said it’s a awesome DZ. I’m putting a rig together right now. Should have it complete around tax time $$$. As soon as I do, I’m heading over there. Maybe you’ll have that A by then and I’ll see ya on the next load.

I got in a jump this afternoon. Puck….it was cold!

BTW...A tunnel is getting built down by South Center Mall.

http://www.iflyseattle.com/ifly-seattle

Blue Skies Bro!

~Mikey C.

Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye

Utah.. this time of year... brrrrrr think field elevation This time of year.. Utah= skiing

Vegas great place to make a tandem jump but fun jump.. nope not happenin.... Mesquite about 90 minutes up I - 15 ... great little DZ Brad Jessey runs a nice DZ... but if you are new you might find the landing area a tad HARD( but you DO get very accurate on your landings):ph34r:. I do love the place though.

Seriously... this time of year... Eloy Wheels up from SEA to PHX just a few minutes over 2 hrs.. really Grab a car at Skyharbor

More planes ... miles of nice flat DRY landing area nice HUGE tunnel and lots of sun while the dz's on the coast get clouded in

Oragraphic effect is your friend