mghanco

Mghanco

Per SOP I will post an introduction before I start proding with newbie questions and spouting anything uninsightful.

My name is Garrett and I am a new skydiver. I jump out of Skydive Midwest in Sturtevant, WI. and have 17 jumps total. I look forward to trying to finish my A license there, hopefully before I move to Arizona Oct. 2. Jumping at Eloy will be a great experience though I guess my first question will be directed at the people who jump Eloy out of Tempe/Pheonix, is there a mode of public transit or charter bus compnay that regularly drives down there? I won't have a car while living in Tempe so I need to figure out how to get to the dz. Anyways Thanks again to SDMW for my "baptism" and learning lessons they have given me so far and to the rest of the skydiving community that will hopefully be just as accepting to a new face.

There is no real public transport from Metro Phoenix to Eloy. I did take a Greyhound Bus once when my car died right before nationals, but I don't recommend it. It only gets you about 3 miles from the DZ and that was a long walk.
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

M-G-han-co., kinda like a business M. G. Han Co.,

Thanks for the replies, and I guess I will be paying a buddy to drive me out there. Unless I am up for some PT getting my 3 mile run down to 18 minutes is a goal anyways. I guess I will also being spending a few nights in their bunk house while jumping or I may just never go home.