crazymonkey

New gal in town:)

The best place to go for advice is your instructor. Folks here are definitely very experienced, but there are different views on how to do things. Better to learn everything from one source, or at least one DZ. And, every DZ is different, so their training progression and other stuff may be a bit different from what you hear on here.

Also remember that you can't verify who someone is online, or if they know what they're talking about.

Great to have you in the sport. I have my C-2 jump tomorrow, and hopefully my D-1 jump as well.

Welcome to the forums. Thats how I started off. I did my first tandem and not even a week later, I was back for #2. After that second tandem, I knew right away that my fate was sealed for skydiving. If you thought your tandems were fun.......just wait till you are jumping on your own. I could not use enough words to desribe the feeling that it gives me.

blue skies
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Hey there! Thank you for your reply! The conservative side of me is telling me that I'm crazy, but yet since my first jump - my whole perspective on life/things has changed so much. I feel like I'm living and have been such a happier person. I think once I start my AFF and learn more about the sport, I'll start to feel more comfortable.. what do you think?

I think that reading is one thing and helps you learn up to a point, but actually experiencing AFF and the jumps to come later on will really help you and your comfort level with the sport. Though I must say, the ride up to altitude still makes my nerves a lil rigid, but once out the door I feel as comfortable as if I were standing on the ground.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Completely agree skycamefalling. I get nervous on the ride up, and even moving up to the door, to the point where I am staged and feel the wind hitting me. Once I jump, I'm fine.

Monkey, you will love it. You're overloaded on your first jump, so you don't really know what to think. You'll enjoy the next ones a lot more.

Skydiving changes the perspective that most people have on life. We learn to experience life instead of just letting us pass us by. You will most likely become a more confident person, which will lead to you wanting to try new things. And yes, I think you'll relax a little more as your progression goes on.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I think early on we are all of "two minds"...... all of our senses and logic tell us that what we are doing is not "natural"!! Yet our heart tells us "We just got to make at least ONE more jump!!!!"

Training and education are the best things to bring these "two minds" together.

I say go after AFF - thatt will show you if this is for you. Welcome
Nathan