KTWilliams

New To Utah/on the 8 year AFF plan

Well, just moved to Utah full-time in the PC area. Im on the 8 year AFF Plan and hopefully now that I have some extra cash to throw around I will be able to finish. Anyone have any suggestions on dropzones to take aforementioned cash? Now based on my history I may have some time to go a couple places and don't mind driving if it will incorporate some other of my hobbies (climbing, boating, biking). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Kyle

Hello, and welcome!

I hope I dont sound stupid, but Im not sure where the PC area is...
I can tell you that I have had several great weekends jumping at Skydive Utah in Tooele.
Jack and the crew made sure I was taken care of and looked after my every need. I do have to admit that I was fresh off student status, but they seemed to handle the students good too. As a noob sport jumper Jack let his experienced guys know about my lack of skills and they all were really helpful and looked out for me. If they arent too far away give em a try!

PC would be Park City right? Jack has a King Air..a Baby BLUE King Air. Stangest color for a plane but it's his plane. Brian (Ogden) has a Grand Caravan takes a little longer to altitude but a BIG door plus Ogden has a Tunnel :)

I jump in Ogden mostly as I prefer the Caravan to the Baby Blue King Air but you'll find great people at both DZ's. From now until March you'll find that alot of Utah Jumpers head to Mesquite NV as we are now in the "Mesquite Boogie" months. Matter of fact we just set a Nevada State record (several actually) this past weekend.

Feel free to PM me and i'll be happy to help get you in the air and if you ever want to share tunnel time it won't be hard to hook you up with others that want to fly as well.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

So 8 year plan=my first jump 5 years ago and due to the sparcity of available funds and distance to the closest dz still only at my level five...but probably have to atleast repeat 4 at this point since it has been a while.

PC area is the Park City are so I am equi-distant between ogden and tooele.

Due to my ability to be young and stupid and live in amazing places I have been able to jump at some fun DZs like SD New England, Bay Area Skydiving and up at Kapowsin and have thus far enjoyed all places so far (some more than others however)

Thanks for the advice
~Kyle