SlipstreamBRO

First post on here, but past my A License now

Good morning/afternoon all! I just wanted to post on here and introduce myself. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet some good peeps on here. I would like to start traveling to different DZ's on my vaca's, so it would be nice to make some friends beforehand.

I've only made 38 jumps at this point, but I'm hoping to have 200 by the end of the yr. I've been in the sport for about 2.5 months now, so I am still incredibly new. But I feel like I've found what I've been missing.

Anyways, my home DZ is the Atlanta Skydiving Center. Anyone else go there that would like to jump sometime? I'm headed down on Friday @ 1700 EDT.

i am still doing my aff jumps, but already have my jumps to 25 paid for so i should have my a soon. i am jumping at the farm which is basically right across the street from asc (if its the one in rockmart). ill be up there this weekend. keep in touch and maybe we can grab a beer when the light goes on.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Hey, what's up Josh? Hopfully I'll finish up my A license tomorrow or Saturday and will definatly get some jumps in with you. (If the weather doesn't go haywire again.) Solo jumps have gotten boring.

Is there any specific dicipline you are focusing on? I really want to figure out the whole sit-flying thing.

~Dennis
Life doesn't need reasons, just participants.

D.S.#21

Welcome to the forums! :)

No, I haven't jumped @ The Farm yet. I would like to though. Especially once I get into tracking a bit more...hehe

But, my experience is that business decisions affect everyone involved (jumpers, staff, students, feelings, and even DZ's). I've talked quite a bit with different people @ ASC about the whole Skyride situation. You know I just try to stay out of that though, because for the most part that seems like a management rift/tiff. Honestly, that is a shame. I've never met the owners of ASC, but I hear that Hans is quite prevelant at the Farm.

All in all, this is a great sport that has to operate like a business. In order for the people fronting the bill to allow us to jump from their landing strip, property, and use the planes they are leasing/own then I can't discount them for doing what they do. I mean honestly their marketing gimmick is what directed me straight to them. Although, their websites leave much to be desired (Unlike The Farm's site which is good even if it was made in dreamweaver).

I have had zero issues with the people I am in contact with on a weekly basis. So, luckily at this point I have no idea why someone would be ashamed to say they jump there.

Good people and a great sport. Can't wait to meet more of you at different DZ's though!!

thanks for the warm welcome regardless of my defense of ASC. :)

Well, I'm on jump 100 now...Had two jumps @ the farm and 97 @ ASC. I like ASC more and the people there have not done me one bit of wrong. The people at the farm are great and all, but I like the atmosphere much better @ ASC to be honest.

I'm just going to stay there. :) Thanks for the suggestion though. ;)

Just wanted to say that Im in the process of completing my AFF doing levels 5-6 this friday. I did my first 3 at ASC. I did my jumps with Jim Vance and Stewart and of course everyone knows Woody. We moved to Charlotte NC and I can for sure say I miss that DZ. Everyone made me feel at home and gave alot of info there. After I get my A lisence I'm going back to say what's up. Oh I now call Raeford Parachute my home and we have the wind tunnel 5min ride from DZ. Anytime your coming up after I get more jumps would love to hang with atlanta friend!

Peace