danica318

Hey everyone, new student here!

I have asked a few questions on here already, but I have yet to introduce myself. I'm on AFF 5 right now, and hopefully I will be able to graduate the course this weekend. Wish me luck!

My nickname is Dani, and I'm an 18 year old female. (I wanted to start as early as I could.) I am in love with Skydiving, and have been since I went for the first time on Tandem as an 18th birthday present. I was hooked from then on, and I jumped into an AFF course about 6 months afterwards. So far I am doing pretty well and loving every minute of it. I've been learning a lot and making some great friends at the DZ.

I have made a few mistakes -Lazy legs caused me to tumble once in free fall during level 3, and I've even had one crash landing- but I've learned a lot from it, and I've definitely made some major improvements. I can't wait to move up to my A license! It's been a little difficult to balance work and skydiving, so I usually have to wait until the weekend to find a good opportunity (although we have had some weather recently that has been less than decent jumping weather.) I am slowly making my way though, and I am about half way there, qualification-wise.

If you have any tips for me as a new skydiver, don't hesitate throw it out there! Nice to meet everyone! : )

Hi there. I'm new to and even though I havn't jumped yet, I still want to say Welcome to DZ! It seems as though you enjoyed your experience fully. I'm 18 as well and I want to learn as soon as I can to :P. Havn't jumped yet, but plan on it SOON!

welcome, to both of you. Thats cool that you guys are starting at 18. I really wish I would have started at 18. As far as advice, really listen to your instructors, especially if you do something incorrectly take what they say and really work to fix it on the next jump. This also applies to coach jumps. :)
Also, don't listen to douche bags (this mainly applies to after you get your A license). For example if an instructor gives you the ok to start working on your freeflying (or even if you just think your ready) and some asshole bellyflier who thinks s/he's all high and mighty tells you you shouldn't be trying to freefly until you are great on your belly. tell him or her to fuck off.;)

Oh yeah, one more piece of advice. Quit your job so you can skydive more. :D

... some asshole bellyflier who thinks s/he's all high and mighty tells you you shouldn't be trying to freefly until you are great on your belly. tell him or her to fuck off.;)

:D:D
...and in rebuttal:
When the asshole freeflier tries to talk you into it before you are ready saying you don't need to learn how to fly on your belly, ask him what body position his training involved and what body position he is in at pull time and then tell him to fuck off.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Welcome to the club Dani! At the risk of cock-blocking all the youngsters out there I'll say, take Skymama's advice...please. She's our Den Mother.
:D:D;)

... some asshole bellyflier who thinks s/he's all high and mighty tells you you shouldn't be trying to freefly until you are great on your belly. tell him or her to fuck off.;)

...and in rebuttal:
When the asshole freeflier tries to talk you into it before you are ready saying you don't need to learn how to fly on your belly, ask him what body position his training involved and what body position he is in at pull time and then tell him to fuck off.

Well heres the thing. This dude had the balls to tell me I needed to get better at belly flying even though he had never been on a jump with me, he had never seen video of a jump of mine and as far as I know he had never even heard about jumping with me. Basically he just assumed I needed work on my belly. Asshole and a half.

I wasn't trying to talk them into freeflying right away. I believe they should wait till they have experience on their belly. I was simply letting them know not to get discouraged everytime they meet a new Douche Bag McGee who is telling them they shouldn't be doing something. (Unless it has to do with safety, always listen when its a safety issue)

Thanks for the advice Sky mama, I'll try to get to know some of the women a little better. So far I've had a lot more interaction with the men at my dz, and while some of them are great, they are just as perverted as any other men on the planet. I've had to deal with some remarks already, and even a little bit of fondling ("I'm just securing your chest strap" my ass.) But I've been able to laugh it off. I have come across plenty of other guys who behave the same way. It's important that you show them you won't be taken advantage of.

Other than that there are a lot of really great people at my drop zone- male and female. I'm a pretty out going girl, so with all the time I've spent out there I have gotten to know a few of them pretty well, and I hope I've been able to earn their respect. I do agree though that it will be nice to bond with a few more of the women. I would love to have a mentor to show me the ropes... once I finally get out of the classroom. :)
Well, thanks a bunch! It's always great to get some good advice.

Welcome to the club Dani! At the risk of cock-blocking all the youngsters out there I'll say, take Skymama's advice...please. She's our Den Mother.
:D:D;)

Lol. Thanks for the laugh, and don't worry... these boys are used to getting cock blocked. :)

Damn you pops.>:(:D
That only applies to your home dropzone. it doesnt apply if you ever come to summerfest at sdc. :D

Damn you pops.>:(:D
That only applies to your home dropzone. it doesnt apply if you ever come to summerfest at sdc. :D

WooooHoooo!
This is good to know.
Open season at SDC!
WooooooOHoooooO!

Say hello to Holly for me.
:)

Welcome. i have just got my license and am having a ball. glad u are having fun. The chest strap one is a classic. Wait till u get your license and you can surf the skies on your own without an instructor yelling to "do this" and "go that way". Its awesome.