Toastie

Hi from So Cal

I've heard nothing but good things about that place, I'm going to jump there one day.
I too jump alone, EVERYBODY I know thinks it's stupid.
I jump at Perris and recommend it, not met a bad person yet. It's cool going alone because people involve you and there's often other people alone who are willing to jump with a newbie.
Hey good luck with the AFF and let us know how it goes.

Hi Everyone! thanks so much for all of your encouraging words and advice! i just passed my AFF2 course like a couple of hours ago! I was so surprised on how fast you go during forward motion! Radio died during landing, but it was soft.. phew! haha so much fun! Hey bradk04! I suggest Skydive San Diego, I like it, such nice people, i don't know about the other ones, I guess you can check them out too, I think there is one other one in San Diego, but I have never been, also in Elsinore and Perris. Hawaii... wow it must be pretty!

Thanks Toastie, I am pretty sure skydive San Diego is going to be the one. Hawaii is VERY beautiful, I highly suggest you make a jump if your ever there!

Do you have your own gear yet? I figure for the first few jumps it would probably be better to just use theirs? Its probably going to be a couple months before I can take the first course. I can't wait!!

hi brad,

nope no gear, I just used theirs, I don't know enough about gear and stuff to have my own, since I am still learning. I think during AFF you have to use their stuff, it is made for students, but maybe I am wrong, you can ask them... Plus as I am noticing with the courses and skydiving in general it seems that everything is sooo expensive.

Yeah I have glanced at the classifieds and gear is definitely expensive. I have a bad habit of jumping in to things and going over board. Thats why I am waiting to get started.

Keep me posted on your experiences down there. With the first course did they test you? I would guess that its a lot to take in.

Incredible is only the start!!

i showed my roommate the dvd from my tandem jump, and he's like, "so were you scared getting to the door?" i said no not really and he called B.S. But it all happened fast and slow at the same time there was no time to be scared. It was strange to board a plane knowing you wont be returning on it...

Hey Toastie!

Welcome to the forums and welcome to Skydive San Diego! Not sure who you are in real life. Your screen name offers me no clue! But come into the gear store and say, "Hi."

Make sure you come this weekend. Our Cinco de Mayo Skydiving Celebration is going to be off the hook!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!