K-Rock

New in New York. Whats doing folks?

I am in Westchester, but we have houses up in Greene County and Sullivan County, so the Ranch is probably where I'll head. I'm really amped for it, 2007 is going to be my year.
"Who's your paddy?"
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
"I'm not afraid to die, I'm not afraid to live, and when I'm flat on my back I hope to feel like I did"

When does the season kick off, I'd like to get started asap. Plus my lady wants to do a tandem as well.
"Who's your paddy?"
"I'm not afraid to die, I'm not afraid to live, and when I'm flat on my back I hope to feel like I did"

That sounds like a plan... I'd love to check it out. Like I said, I want to get into it asap. I'm not putting it off anymore.
"Who's your paddy?"

Ah yes, another future ranch hand! Welcome. The Ranch absolutely rocks. Camp on the dz, bring beer, you'll meet good people. If you really can't wait, you can call manifest and try to get your first jump course and maybe a packing lesson in before the weather turns nice. Hope to see you at the ranch this season!
Blue ones...
"Remember the First Commandment: Don't Fuck Up!"
-Crusty Old Pete

Beer, camping... it keeps getting better and better, is there anything i can do to prepare before I start jumping? How often can I jump, once a day? I have so many questions but I don't want to sound repetitive.
"Who's your paddy?"

Beer, camping... it keeps getting better and better, is there anything i can do to prepare before I start jumping? How often can I jump, once a day? I have so many questions but I don't want to sound repetitive.

Nothing to prepare just make sure you have some cash saved up so you can go right through the student training.. Momentum and currency are your best friends. The only thing limiting you from how many jumps you can make in 1 day is you. The longer you jump the more endurance you will have ,hey if I dont make at least 10 in a day Im just slightly dissapointedB|
mike

Excellent, I've got some change saved up in my piggy bank. I'm definitely planning on coming through on the 31st...
"Who's your paddy?"

Like he said: money and your endurance limit number of jumps in a day, but your body and brain determine endurance. I found that 3 AFF jumps in a day was more than enough for me and I'd usually have to stop and have lunch and some gatorade to check the adrenal shakes. Do what you and your instructor (most likely Crusty Old Pete) feel comfortable with and have fun. If you really wanna be heads up, download the SIM from the USPA website and start reading the BSRs and first jump course materials-it will probably help you be less overloaded with info during the 1st jump course (FJC). Hope to see you at the Ranch on the 31st!
Blue (and preferably warm) ones,
Tony
"Remember the First Commandment: Don't Fuck Up!"
-Crusty Old Pete

As an AFF instructor I don't advise more than 3 AFF levels in one day. I think jumper retention goes down and fatigue is too high. Many AFF students say they feel fine, but I suspect they are not objectively viewing their performance, or listening to their body.;)

Have fun, see ya soon.:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I'm still interested in coming by the ranch this saturday... what time of day would be best, who should i see or speak to?? i don't mean to be a pain in the ass with all these questions.
"Who's your paddy?"

I swung by the ranch yesterday, set up my first jump for next saturday, i wish I had set it up for earlier. I can't explain how amped I am.
"Who's your paddy?"

Both of my jumps that were scheduled, yesterday and today, both postponed. This weather sucks. Snow showers yesterday and today... it is April, correct? Fingers crossed for Tuesday.
"Who's your paddy?"

Jump one is in the bag, jumps 2 and 3 hopefully next tuesday.
"Who's your paddy?"