Honeybee

New to Az Skydiving

Welcome,

I'll just tell you a little of what I know. Buckeye is a small DZ with some good folks the only bad thing is no grass. When your first learning to judge your flair it's nice to have a little grass and a separate landing area.

That is why I strongly recommend Eloy. Went through AFF there a year and a half ago myself. Kelly Wolfe is great and you have some of the best instructors in the sport. You also have the added benefit of the Tunnel and I think they actually require the students to go in as part of their AFF now.

Look up www.skydiveaz.com and give a call down to the school for their different packages. You can get through AFF in two weeks or six months if you need, depending on your time and $$.

There's a bunch of regular locals and some great organizers to help you along too once ya get your license. Hope to see ya there sometime;)

I might be bias, but Eloy is my second home:)

Noooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!! M.P.F.C.

of course everyone on this website likes eloy, they held the dz.com boogie there!!!! there are several places in Az to learn how to skydive, many much cheaper then eloy. the tunnel usually isn't necessary unless you have a horrible body position, the instructers are the same caliber of instructers as any other dz in the world, but they do have grass. but a student should try to land somewhere safe when learning how to skydive and not aim for small pieces of soft stuff near buildings/wind tunnel and such. (my opinion of course) but when you get off student status and need to make some coach jumps, go to eloy if you want to get ass raped and pay for a coaches slot plus pay $35 dollars for their time and pack jobs. if it was me i would not learn how to skydive from a place that only cares about $$$$$$$.
<> if you jump naked, can you use your penis as a rudder?<>

I'm glad they extend a greetings/friendliness to someone. I guess if you don't have 1000+ jumps, you might as well not exist.
Why don't you just play 'chicken' on the railroad tracks? It would be a cheaper way to toy with death, I'm sure.

CWR #2 - "You SAID collision!"

Yes Eloy,

I did my first 60 jumps there. The instructors were the best and I felt welcome there from the first moment.
A very important aspect you should look into is safety. In Skydive AZ they care about safety a lot. That is the first thing I was taught. To be safe for myself and for others. After that all of it is fun! As far as the landing goes they have two huge landing areas with grass. One of the two is designated for students. I kept landing there afterwards to avoid traffic until I felt comfortable with the main landing area.
You will always have somebody to jump with you. My jump number 26 (after I got my license) was with someone who had hundreds of jumps. My jump 27 was with a lot of guys with thousands of jumps. People did care about a new guy and they were willing to give me advice and jump with me to improve my skills. Of course you just have to ask.
You can stay at their bunkhouse for free while you are a student. There is a gear-store in the dropzone. Also pool for the hot AZ days.They organize lots of events where you can get cheaper price tickets and meet and even jump with some of the best jumpers in the world. There is decent food at the bar and of course beer.

Stay safe and have fun!