Antman

Hey Everyone! (Any jumpers near Abilene, TX?)

Hey everyone! I'm new to these forums and relatively new to jumping. Started jumping in '04
on a small cessna DZ. I started out on static line and jumps have been slow ever since I got my license because Uncle Sam regularly calls for me.
Hope to meet new jumpers and get some more jumps before I go to the "box".
Holla

I jump at a small DZ outside of Odessa/Midland area called Skydive Eagle's Nest. It is a comfortable place with friendly people and a whole lot of outs.
But eventualy I will get my own gear and start to venture around the state seeing the much larger DZ's.

I think there's 1 jumper from Eagle's Nest on DZ.com. I'm not him, sorry, I jump at the DZ in my town...SD Aggieland.

Well, if you get the chance to travel, there are some GREAT DZ's in TX...none are near you in the TX sense, though. SD Dallas, Eagle Flight, Doc Stewart's DZ in Stephenville is cool too, SD Temple, SD Aggieland, SD San Marcos, SD Houston, SD Spaceland. I hear Capital Skydiving is really cool too.

Of course, if you get to travel, there are a goodly number of turbine DZs in TX that will make you feel at home. Infact, basically every DZ in TX I've been to, the fun jumpers there have gone out of their way to make me feel at home.

Sorry you're in TX B.F.E., but having met a decent number of jumpers from your DZ, it seems like you're in good hands for a good time and good jumps. The rest of the area...well...I wouldn't want to be there.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Welcome to the forums. I myself am new to the sport and I'm still kicking the idea around. Abilene TX....and the Box....I'll take a simple stab at guessing you are Air Force. I was there for 3 years, I feel your pain. But look at it this way....you have nearly "climologically speaking" 250-320 days of good sunny weather to jump. specially in the heat of the summer...Partly cloudy skies with nice fair weather Cumulus clouds with temps in the upper 90s-100s..:P
-=JDax=-
"And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return" Anon