Jewels

Saying Hello

Yea, I'd do a tandem first. MUCH less stressful. Then, I'd do AFF... Well, that's what I did...

Tandem is much more fun the AFF Lvl 1 (haha, you don't have to go through ground school!), but Lvl 1 is awesome too cause you get to fly your own canopy!:)

How awesome is that?!!! I go back and forth on the tandem vs. AFF thing. It just looks so wildly uncomfortable and cumbersome to have someone attached to you. Mentally, though, it could be a very good idea. I have to hurry up and ponder. I just think it's time to go out the door.
TPM Sister #102

I didn't find it uncomfortable or cumbersome. It was actually quite comforting to be strapped tightly to a big, strong, cute guy. We'll have to hand pick one for you!;)

The best part is they have to pull you right onto their lap before jumping in order to strap you in tightly enough!! My girlfriend loved that part!:ph34r:

Brad was doing tandems the weekend I took my friend. Chris Gray as well. I'm sure Carl could tell you a few more names. My friend had Travis, I think it was, and loved him. Good landing as well. I had Robert--nice and tall and his manner reminded me of a good friend of mine, so I felt very comfortable with him.

Think so. I had that impression from a conversation I had with him once, but I could be completely wrong about that. I'd be good with anyone from the tunnel. I just feel better knowing them and knowing that they at least have some clue about my skills--and I use that term loosely.
TPM Sister #102

Think so. I had that impression from a conversation I had with him once, but I could be completely wrong about that. I'd be good with anyone from the tunnel. I just feel better knowing them and knowing that they at least have some clue about my skills--and I use that term loosely.

Hahaha your skills are fine. Just do one tandem, they'll probably give you a little more control and everything since you do have X amount of tunnel time. At least with one, once it comes time for AFF, you'll know what to expect once you get in the door.

I think one should be fine. If you do two tandems, you might as well just do the one and pay for the ground school of AFF and jump right in to it.

I'm not sure if Chris Gray will be there tuesday (he should be though) but when you call to make your reservation, you can request to go with him and they'll try to set it up as best they can.

As far as Brad Cole, he doesn't work there anymore, he just comes down to jump. There's a lot of inner politics that are keeping alot of good people like him and Russ from working there. But thats neither here nor there.

Lastly, I recommend doing your tandem on Sunday when it won't be as crowded. This past saturday, we had 120 tandems and that was ridiculous. Not to mention if it were like that, the tandems are put in the king air and fun jumpers on the otter, so I wouldn't get to see you. [:/]

Just my recommendations though :P
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

120 TANDEMS?!! That's just insane. Sunday's sounding better all the time.

Okay, you have to help, too. I'm forcing Yvonne to assist in convincing Tammy that it's time to jump, so Tuesday night, you'll have to be inspiring so we get her to say yes!
TPM Sister #102

BTW, I'm doing something wrong. I keep trying to change my number of jumps for "enter #" to "0" and it never seems to take. Granted, it's not a big point of pride to have that big ole ZERO in there, but I want to know how to do it so I can change it to ONE soon! :)
TPM Sister #102

BTW, I'm doing something wrong. I keep trying to change my number of jumps for "enter #" to "0" and it never seems to take. Granted, it's not a big point of pride to have that big ole ZERO in there, but I want to know how to do it so I can change it to ONE soon! :)

Ok I'll help as best as I can.....

To change your numbers. Click your name or in the top line, click on edit profile. Then click view your profile and then edit your profile. It should bring up a page where you can upload a pic and change any and all info you so desire. Once you change the number, make sure you save your profile
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Hi,and welcome to the sport! I did tandem and recommend it. It's a real confidence booster. I envy your tunnel experience. Obviously you have many jumping friends here! My tips....Ramen noodles are much better these days,(more powder thingys to choose from). PBJ's always a classic.
And garlic bologna is excellent for "special" occasions. All by candlelight! (because the electric bill was left on your desk on the way to the DZ).;)
OH! The convertible.......It will grow a hardtop,and 2 more doors,(one door primer grey). BUT YOU WILL BE SOOO STOKED!B| Tell us how you do!
P.S. the ramen in the styrofoam cups is better, you can just nuke em.... After you pay the electric bill;)
Blue Skies...
I'm fine...crazy people don't know they're crazy...No,Really!

Yea, I'd do a tandem first. MUCH less stressful. Then, I'd do AFF... Well, that's what I did...

Tandem is much more fun the AFF Lvl 1 (haha, you don't have to go through ground school!), but Lvl 1 is awesome too cause you get to fly your own canopy!:)

Okay, so how does door fear compare b/w tandem and AFF?
TPM Sister #102

Tandem was...well, I'm not sure I really remember. It all happened so fast. Haha. No, I was pretty nervous. No, really nervous!! Not sure why though, cause I knew the moment I was out the door, I'd love it!

AFF (level 1 anyways) was a bit more "neverwracking." However, it was onlt due to the class. You have all this informatino running through your head--landing pattern, be stabilized, react to hand signals, know your emergency procedures, altitude, etc, etc. After lvl 1, it got a lot easier to get though the door and I can actually remember the entire jump now!

In general, tandem is LESS stressful, and quite honestly, you'll probably have a lot more fun on your first jump if you did tandem. I mean, you don't have to worry about a thing but have fun! And all the TMs at Mile High are excellent with calming you down before you leave the plane!

You should schedule one this weekend in advance (that way you don't have to wait around for so long like on saturday, lol).:)

Totally agree--I know that once I'm out the door it will be fantastic and it will be all over MUCH too soon. Door fear is the biggest thing that pulls me towards doing a tandem instead of AFF the first time. (BTW, I really hate that that's true. I am so bummed that I am typical and am anxious about that.)
TPM Sister #102

Don't be bummed! It's completely natural!

I mean, stepping out of a door 2 miles above the earth isn't what most people call "normal." Lol. Guarantee that after a few jumps, the door fear will start to go down!:)

Julie, I always said my first dive would have to be a tandem because I'd get up there and freeze and have to be pushed out the door. That may still happen on my first solo, but I had no door fear on my tandems. In fact, I wished at the time I could be closer so I could watch the experienced jumpers' exits better.

You just never know how you're going to react. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You did it, girl! Throw the whuffo card away and get out your calendar. When are you going to start AFF?

I had a fantastic time today, and I'm so glad you did too. Our guys at the drop zone rock!

:)

I HAD A FABULOUS TIME, TOO!!!!! :)
TPM Sister #102