nutellaontoast

New to skydiving and the bay area

Hi!

I'm new to skydiving and thought I'd check out these forums.

I did a tandem in ~ 2001 and then another one a few months ago (april 06). After spending the day/night at the DZ with my funjumper friend I decided it was something I wanted to be a part of.

I'm a bit more than halfway through AFF and just moved to the Bay Area. I'm hoping to find some jumpers in the area and find out which would be the best place to finish up AFF. Hopefully there is somewhere that I can get to by public transportation or someone who is looking for a carpool buddy as I lack a car and odn't plan on getting one.

Stevie
Don't let the fact that I sound like I think that I know what I'm talking about fool you. I know that I don't know what I'm talking about

Hello

There are quite a few people that drive from the Bay Area to Lodi. If you are current and wish to continue you AFF progression, I have a private USPA AFF instruction program that I can adjust or modify to get you flying on your own. :)
Feel free to call me and talk sometime if your interested.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I'm in berkeley. According to the locator the closest to me is Byron. Really though distance doesn't matter to me. I'll wake up at 5 am if I have to. I just need it so I can get somewhere on a train/bus, one way or another.
Don't let the fact that I sound like I think that I know what I'm talking about fool you. I know that I don't know what I'm talking about

Stevie,

There are plenty of friendly jumpers that drive out to Byron every weekend. We drive right by the dublin/pleasanton BART stop. A few of us probably live fairly close to you. I for one go out to Byron almost every weekend. Let me know if your interested in getting out there.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

Stevie,

As the others have posted, there are a lot of us who live near by. I went through AFF at Hollister, but jump at most of the DZs in the area. Which one depends on my mood and what is happening that weekend. Between Hollister, Byron, Davis and Lodi, you have a great selection of turbines to jump from with incredible staff to complete your AFF. Shoot me a PM if you are looking for a ride.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Hey there!

Byron has several jumpers that live in Berekely. Should be able to find a ride.

Check out NorCalSkydivers group on Yahoo.

You can also take BART to Dublin and hook up a ride from anyone coming via 580... which is mostly everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

When I was looking for a DZ for my GF and I to do AFF I shopped around quite a bit... After caling all of the DZs from Monterey to Santa Rosa and speaking to a few active skydivers I decided on Byron. I live in Folsom (Between Lake Tahoe and SF), so there's definitely closer and cheaper (Lodi) DZs than Byron... During my search I was able ascertain that it was very safe (most important IMO), friendly, and professional. I have also found that to be true in my experience (although somewhat limited by only 3 visits so far).
Gravity Waits for No One.

wow! Thanks to evryone for replying! Makes me really excited about the the sport and the area!

Finishing AFF was awesome, and doing my first two solo dives... wow...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, man I'm excited!