DSE

Newbie, hope to be here a lot

Like most newbies, I'm saddled with an unbridled enthusiasm for this sport. I've been training skydivers in camera use/video editing for years, and decided it's time to learn to skydive so I too, can eventually shoot some awesome video, but that'll obviously come much later.
Did my first 3 tandem/instructional jumps at Skydive Hawaii, and ready for my first AFF tomorrow.

While I'm learning in Hawaii, my home DZ is Tooele, Utah, so hope to someday meet some of you somewhere. I've been lurking around here for a while now. Hopefully I'll eventually have some useful input.

Nice place to learn indeed. :)I didn't spring for the video, not one to want to watch myself. My goal in learning to jump is to be able to add skydiving to my list of options as a DP/shooter anyway. Gonna take a lot longer to be a certified shooter than it takes to become certified for scuba or helicopter tho. [:/]

Thanks to you both for the welcome.

Wanted to thank Dropzone.com.
Today, I took my FF4,5, and 6, aced all written, oral, and jump exams. Instructors all wanted to know where I was getting my information from, even ended up correcting an instructor when he kept referring to the "SRL." None of them are computer geeks, so had only heard about Dropzone.com. When I showed them some of the pix from the site, and showed them some of the sites linked from here, they were pretty shocked at the amount, quality, and depth of information this site offers. The DZO was saying that he'd like to add this site to their "highly recommended" list.
No way in hell would I have aced the written or orals without the information I've absorbed by lurking in the community here.
thank you!!!!!!
(Also FWIW, I moderate several broadcast and film fora, and have always found it marginally amusing to see a "thank you" post because the information I share is information that I live and breathe. It feels great to find myself on the other side of the post)

Figured I'd regurge this thread instead of starting a new one...
While it's not record-breaking, I'm fairly pleased to say that this coming Friday will mark one month from my first tandem jump. Yesterday, I passed my "A" license requirements, and now have 27 jumps in my log book. This does not include two "jumps" when I was dropped from a military round canopy from a training tower several years ago.
I've advanced thru my training SIGNIFICANTLY faster as a result of these fora, I've learned so damn much it's hard to decide what techniques I want to try first.
Awesome forum, awesome people, tremendous information and resource.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart and the top of my canopy.:)
Blue Skies!