Sweetness

Woops ...

I'm new here, but I forgot to introduce myself because I hadn't noticed this particular forum :$

Well, first of all: hi to everyone ! This is a great website with apparently many fabuleous and helpful people !
About myself: my name is Klara, I'm 22 and I'm from Belgium. One month ago I did my first, and so far only, tandem, which had been a dream for years. It was actually ment to be a one time experience, but from the moment the canopy deployed, I said to my tandem master "I want to do this again!" :D I absolutely loved it, for me it feels like being in love :$ Since that day until now I've been gazing at the sky, wanting to jump again, surfing skydive-websites, and constantly bringing up the subject (luckily my friends are patient ... very patient :P)
I would want to do AFF, or maybe first some SL jumps and than AFF (suggestions are welcome!) I still have time to think about it, because I'm in my last year at college and have no job, which means no money [:/] But I can't wait to be in the sky again, so I'll do another tandem in Spring ... I'm already counting the days !

Love to everyone !

"Ha ! I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear ..." (Blackadder)

Hey Klara, welcome to the forums and congrats on your tandem! B|

I wouldn't worry about not noticing this forum, i arrived here and started posting right off the bat without introducing myself and it all turned out ok (i think) :):D

Take care
PJ

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Just go for it, you will love AFF.

Only tip I would give you (and not everyone would agree), is do some tunnel time first if at all possible. I did 20 minutes before I did AFF and it made it so much easier (did AFF in 3 days without failing a level).

i completely agree, aff students with tunnel time rock!:)
but the hard part is getting to a tunnel. if you have one near by, go for it. just 3-10 minutes in the tunnel would be a huge benefit.

a couple ov static lines wont do u any harm either before AFF....at least u will have an idea about flying a canopy then!!:P

glad u enjoyed ur jump!!...i think theres two kinda people that do a jump...them who enjoy it as an experience...and then theres US!!! whos life will never be the same:D

Thank you all for welcoming me ! :)
As for the tunnel time: there's no tunnel nearby (I would have to go abroad for that actually) :S

Has a student who first did a few SL jumps got better techniques, than a student who went straight to AFF ? Anyhow, I wouldn't want to do an all-SL-course, because I absolutely LOVED the free fall during my tandem ! I want to experience it again as soon as possible :$

"Ha ! I laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear ..." (Blackadder)

I did SL before my AFF. Help with the canopy control stuff, but FF is a different ball game all together. I would go straight for AFF just to save a little money and they will teach you canopy control in that class too.

Welcome!

Oh, if you get a chance check out Paracentrum Texel, Holland. That is where I first did my SL and that place just rocks!

Fitz
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress

Hi Sweetness!
I'm pretty new too- i did a tandem and then a static line jump. But i don't want to continue with the static line, it was fun, don't get me wrong, but i want the Freefall!!!!
I think some people also start the AFF course without even doing a tandem or anything so i'm not worried that i haven't done more SL.
And, a bit like you, i'm saving for AFF for next year.
see ya aournd!

Kate

I want free fall too !! B|
Hmm, I know what it feels like to have to wait till you got enough money to do AFF, I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

Ncfitzge, thanks, I'll keep your advice in mind !

Klara

IAD stands for Instructor Assisted Deployment. The instructor deploys your pilot chute as you exit the aircraft. This is the training program that I am currently doing. I have since moved on and am currently in the unsupervised freefall portion of the training program. Good luck to you in whatever method of instruction you choose. Have fun (that is what is all about) and be safe!!!

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!