markstone02

Helmet Paintwork

Hi All,

Am thinking about buying a Bonehead Optik but would like it to be a bit jazzier than the standard single colours.

As bonehead dont do things like marbling effects etc does anyone know companies that do and more importantly how much it all costs !

I am in the UK so ideally UK companies only, but all info would be greatly recieved

Thanks in advance

Mark
:)

As bonehead dont do things like marbling effects etc

I've seen some pretty sweet paint jobs on Bonehead helmets. Have you contacted them and asked if they can/will do what you'd like to have on it?

I know that Arrow Dynamics will do marble on the Hawkeye camera helmet; IIRC it's US$50 extra.

Hey mark - you know me. Welcome to the forums.

Bonehead will do virtually any custom artwork on request - all you have to do is ask them.

The OPTIK is also available with a custom color or almost any other paint scheme you can think of. Since the possibilities of a custom helmet is so broad, we suggest that you call for an estimate.
All custom paint schemes other than one color will start at $50.00

Email em here: [email protected] Or you coulda gone and visited em while we were out there:S.

Bonehead uses quality two part polyurethanes to paint or clearcoat their helmets. Anybody that paints custom bikes or helmets for moto-cross should be able to do you up dandy. You may be able get more options on artwork if you seek this localy yourself.

Have asked bonehead and they only do splatter effect, even though their website says they do more.

I contacted www.bikepaints.co.uk but they quoted £200 for a marble effect as it is all custom airbrushing and not the cheaper "gel coat" marbling techniue.

2k Composites quoted £45 which is much better.

Will keep asking around. Thanks guys for your help

Mark