butterfli2b

1st JUMP & NERVOUS!

I am jumping this Friday in Southern Utah over Zions Nat'l Park, along w/ my 18 year old son. We will have 1 hour instruction, and then we will jump w/ instructor. Life-long dream coming true; I've always known this day would come; finding myself MUCH more nervous than expected.[unsure]Anyone who has jumped w/ instructors at Zion's please advise re experience. THANKS!
***********************************LAUGH ... and LIVE.

Never jumped there, but it is an amazing experience as everyone else here will tell you because we have 10's, 100's, and thousands of jumps...

just listen to your instructor, trust him/her and jump!

Let us know how it goes B|
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

The best advice I was given with my first jump is to relax. For some reason I wasn't nervous at all when I did jump [not just acting tough... i just wasn't nervous], but that seemed to make all the difference. After your exit count, take a deep breath and just keep going with it. You'll have more fun, be more stable and have more freefall time without duties if you DON'T rush. Rushing just makes you go unstable and the instructors have to fight to stay attached to you. Calm, deliberate movements seem to do the trick.

Don't forget to have fun. About 15 seconds into the jump you'll go "holy crap, I just jumped out of a plane. This is incredible" and the rest is gold.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Just did my first 2 weeks ago, and that was 2 long ago. You will have a awesome time. Like someone said earlier RELAX. I didn't and my muscles hurt for days. It's not bad I just think us new jumpers don't know what to expect. Get a video and stills if you can it's worth the extra money;) Let us know how it goes.
Playtime is essential.