Angelfish

Howd'y!!

:$ Just wanted to say hello to all!! I started with a tandem on April 2005, and after 2 weeks, I went back for the 2nd tandem to refresh my memory (I'm so glad a had a video of the initial tandem, coz, there was so much going on in my head that I do not remember the first 6 to 10 seconds of the 1st leap off). Then, I loved the 2nd tandem so much, I went for a 3rd tandem. Now, I'm an AFF2 student. I did my AFF2 jump yesterday, and could not control my "Mad Legs" ( so my jumpmaster refers to them). I have to repeat my AFF2 jump... which is just fine... gives me an excuse to skydive and besides... the more practice, the better I'll become. Right?? ;)

Howdy!

Welcome to skydiving, enjoy yourself and good job on doing a tandem progression. Tandem progession students tend to learn much faster and be better at canopy control sooner then students from other traditional training methods.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Hey, fellow Austinite!!!

I just finished AFF 4 and have minor leg issues, also. If I were doing a tandem my bent legs would be perfect:P but right now its hard to even remember that I HAVE legs in freefall.

Anyway, good to meet another San Marcos DZ jumper and good luck on the rest of your training!!!

Welcome to the forums!! B| I'm a student starting out too. I completed my level 3 yesterday and attempted level 4, but had the same problem as you, couldnt control my legs so i went into a spin.....oh well, as you said, another reason to skydive!! Remember to relax in freefall, thats one of my problems....otherwise have an awesome time and good luck on your AFF3!!
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

:D:D:D:D

That IS a great idea... present them w/ fantastic pics of the sky and about 3 other people bunched up doing an AFF jump. :D:D At least make like a picture-calendar-postcard sort of greeting card.