txhoss

Mother natures cruel joke

Just wanted to say whats up to everyone here and report on mother natures cruel joke that she is currently playing on me.

Just took the level 1 AFF course two weeks ago in hopes of getting in the air. I was very anxious about the first jump ... for the first 2 rainy weekends. Now going on weekend 3 with no jumps I have gone over the materal so many times in my head I think that the nurvousness is gone. Pray for a clear weekend so I can do this. Thanks

Have Rig will travel ...

Are you in TX? What DZ did you do your course at?

Yeah, the weather has been a total bitch the last couple of months! Atleast the forcast is looking much better for this weekend (and tomorrow, I'm going to the DZ at noon to get some tandems done and get some swoopy swoops). *fingers crossed for this weekend*
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Are you in TX? What DZ did you do your course at?

I am taking the course out of Skydive Temple. Dave are you in College station? I think that we are forcasted decent weekend but the way things are going I am worried. It is strange that the weekdays (read WORKdays) are great and the weekends are junk.

Have Rig will travel ...

Yup, college station (how'd ya guess?:D).

Well, whats the day after 3 days of rain, wind and storms?

Monday.

That's how TX is this time of year, that's why we're opening on a Tuesday, we're getting pissy for the lack of consistant weather.

Hey, call up Temple tomorrow and see if they're open, then leave for lunch and about an hour after you leave for lunch call in and say that something you ate has you shitting water and you can't come back in for fear of ruining your office chair. Then BAM, go jump.;)B|

Thats great ...

Once I am to the point that I can go other places I am certain that I will be out in your neck of the woods jumping quite a bit. The girlfriend lives out there and she will not let me get away with not coming up, she might just have to spend some time at the DZ there.

Have Rig will travel ...

Badass! Well, we have Shiner Bock and XX on tap for the end of the day and we'll be happy to jump and have some fun.

Good luck with the weather and the jumping this weekend. Remember, if there's a chance if you're the first student on the books, when it clears up you'll probably be the first in the air.;)