f1freak

Packing data card.....

So......
What should it stay with, the reserve or the Container...
I mean the reserve has all of the info on it (the dates it was packed) and the the data card has all of the info on it (like cypress info and ......)
so what do you think?
I have always recieved and sent the data card with the container....
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

But why is that when all of the info is on the reserve already?

Because all of the history is not on the canopy. Even though the number of repacks and jumps are on PD canopies that is not so with all canopies. In addition items such as repairs, pull, PH and porosity test would be on the card.

And what about when the rigger replaces the old card with a new one (say.... with a different logo on it....)

All of the cards associated with that canopy should stay with the canopy.

Not to mention that a lot of riggers don't mark the number of repacks/uses on the canopy itself. It's a poor record and the pack card is usually more correct, but most people mistakenly don't send it with the canopy either.

-Rory

But why is that when all of the info is on the reserve already?

Because all of the history is not on the canopy. Even though the number of repacks and jumps are on PD canopies that is not so with all canopies. In addition items such as repairs, pull, PH and porosity test would be on the card.

And what about when the rigger replaces the old card with a new one (say.... with a different logo on it....)

All of the cards associated with that canopy should stay with the canopy.

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

Not to mention that a lot of riggers don't mark the number of repacks/uses on the canopy itself.

Isn't that WRONG? Aren't they SUPPOSED to ALWAYS mark it on the canopy as well as on the data card? I know some don't... and those are the ones I don't use. Call me anal... I call it safe.

No. Only PD has the pack jobs recorded on the label. It only has pack jobs, not any other info( e.g., repair, mods, etc...).
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

what product does the packing data card come whith?
yep....
it comes with the container....
how would your rigger keep up whith what repairs were done (and the ownes that he may want to check?) I am saying that i would want to know it the used rig that i was buying has had a harness repair.... I would ask my rigger to pay "special" attention to that area.
I really think their should be 2 cards....
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Throwing my opinion in the mix . . .

The pack data card should stay with the reserve canopy. It reflects the number of pack jobs and the number of uses, and of course any repairs or compliance with service bulletins. Knowledge of the number of packjobs and number of uses is very important when determining airworthiness and resale value.

If the container and reserve go their separate ways, a photocopy of the original card should go with the container to reflect its history.

I did a boatload of work to a friend's Javelin once, way more than I could fit on a pack data card. It needed a major tune up. Instead I made an itemized list, gave him a copy to keep with the container, and kept a copy in my Riggers Logbook. Food for thought.
Arrive Safely

John